GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Wallop

1. W

Heads-up Display Retrofit

It would be really expensive.You'd need the unit,the top of the dash with the cut out and a new windscreen at the very least.
  2. W

Automatic tilt/dip of wing mirror?

The Online owners manual is searchable just put your registration number in here. https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners-and-drivers/my-car/manuals.html
  3. W

Automatic tilt/dip of wing mirror?

I keep my mirror control on L and it works never tried R
  4. W

Rain?

Has anyone noticed their car playing up after it's been raining? I've not suffered too much with the software problems that others have on here but i'm sure i'm beginning to notice that they start after the car has been driven in the wet. For example yesterday on the way home from work it...
  5. W

MK8 GTD - Ride Quality Query

My car has just done 4k and i've noticed a major improvement over the last week or so, the sound has lessened a lot,Me and the missus both commented on it on a journey last week. The ride has become a lot more comfortable in all settings and doesnt seem to be so bouncy (kinda from side to side)...
  6. W

Travel assist problems.

Mine has been a tad more stable of late but it still keeps playing up at the same places,It's stopped giving the 110 kmh reading at the M40 junction but now decides to have a wobbly on a mini roundabout in Henley. Sometimes on the way and sometimes on the way back and no matter which way i...
  7. W

LED strip question.

The A in the high beam is auto dimming it dips when it detects an oncoming vehicle. My led strip only comes on in the dark.
  8. W

Rear lights in the day?

Never pressed it but there is a foul weather button on the light switch.
  9. W

Mk8 Infotainment Info

I agree i just edited my post above after reading through the other items you listed i can see no benefit at all for the price. Get a sun roof instead!
  10. W

Mk8 Infotainment Info

I have the standard discover media in my style and i've got voice control for navigation and telephone. I don't think its got the three route options using the inbuilt navigation but you can get alternative routes by using android auto for navigation which also allows voice control for telephone...
  11. W

Mk8 Infotainment Info

I think the pro has better 3d navigation and i think it can play video.
  12. W

Travel assist problems.

It doesn't try to do 110mph when it gives the limit as 110 kph,The travel assist converts it to mph ie 68 mph but it's after giving a kph speed it then starts assuming every limit is in kph and converts it wrongly into mph.
  13. W

Travel assist problems.

This 37 speeding back up to 60 thing sounds like someones tried to programme a quick fix.Like 37 in the UK must be a mistake so go 60 but it sounds as if the car still tries to adhere to what it thinks is the limit ie 37.
  14. W

MK8 GTD - Ride Quality Query

I've got DCC on my 1.5 eTSI style with 17" Ventura wheels and to be honest i've not been too impressed with it, on a smooth road its fine but hit any kind of imperfection (if you are unlucky enough to find any on UK roads) and the wheels seem to boom through the car whatever driving mode is...
  15. W

Travel assist problems.

I just tried something different by switching it off before my usual nemesis junction at Wycombe and switching it back on once i'd passed it and for once it read the speed correctly as 70mph this lasted a mile or so until i turned off at Marlow and it gave the speed as 45(kph) and it was back to...