GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LT Motorsports (Treadstone) FMIC Review

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
LastHumansGarage on youtube (has a MK7.5 gti) also noticed it was making contact with the front bumper in his install video.

Thanks, it's good to know that I'm not the only one with that issue lol!

Do you know if he is a member on this forum?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
LastHumansGarage on youtube (has a MK7.5 gti) also noticed it was making contact with the front bumper in his install video.
no, he notched his crash bar for and extra piece of mind cause it was close, it didn't come in contact. i remember cause he's always repeating things that are an OCD concern and he kept saying it, lol

OP - the driver side of mine was very close but i was able to pull down on the bracket when tightening both bolts to get the clearance. yours is just very close because the way you had to open your mounting hole I'm betting.

yeah his name was "Jenner" on here but since the merge its been changed to his MK5 board name and i don't know what it was.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
no, he notched his crash bar for and extra piece of mind cause it was close, it didn't come in contact. i remember cause he's always repeating things that are an OCD concern and he kept saying it, lol

OP - the driver side of mine was very close but i was able to pull down on the bracket when tightening both bolts to get the clearance. yours is just very close because the way you had to open your mounting hole I'm betting.

yeah his name was "Jenner" on here but since the merge its been changed to his MK5 board name and i don't know what it was.
He also mentions it being right up against it, and he had to "modify" his holes on the brackets. It's the one thing that kept me from ordering this IC. There's no way I'm cutting into the front "crash bar" of my car... but - if due to having a 2016 means it would fit on mine I definitely might reconsider. Would love to see some logs taken in actual hot weather too.

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
He also mentions it being right up against it, and he had to "modify" his holes on the brackets. It's the one thing that kept me from ordering this IC. There's no way I'm cutting into the front "crash bar" of my car... but - if due to having a 2016 means it would fit on mine I definitely might reconsider. Would love to see some logs taken in actual hot weather too.

Yeah, he does mention in the video that the intercooler made contact with his crash bar, but I think the fitment issues may only apply to 2017 or newer cars because of the revised AC condenser.

I'll take some datalogs when the weather gets warmer.

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
I love my Treadstone, the cuts were no big deal.

Did you make those cuts because the intercooler was contacting your crash bar?

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Whats the price? couldn't see on the FB page. Also, curious of where it mounts to since you didn't drill the crash bar.

I got mine for $625 shipped, but they sell this intercooler at this website JD Eurosports FMIC (Treadstone).

20191206_105547.jpg

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
At that price why not buy APR ic, a product proveb by members on this board?

Is it a complicated install vs the cheaper fmic, is that why? Am I missing something? Its not like one is half price of the other..

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
At that price why not buy APR ic, a product proveb by members on this board?

Is it a complicated install vs the cheaper fmic, is that why? Am I missing something? Its not like one is half price of the other..

The easier install was the main reason I bought this intercooler or so I thought lol

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Very Nice, I went with Jakes FMIC kit, this looks to be almost the same thing, even on the JD site you can request the Vibrant core (which is what jake uses), nice to see an equal competitor.

I was considering Jake's FMIC kit, but the cheaper price of the LT Motorsports FMIC and ease of install sold me.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I was considering Jake's FMIC kit, but the cheaper price of the LT Motorsports FMIC and ease of install sold me.
yeah both looks almost identical, even the clamps are the same t-bolts i think, metal pipes, cores lol.

I do like the idea of not having to drill the crash bar, its not hard with the correct bit, but yeah thats probably more ideal for some people. Jakes kit does provide the bottom brackets for core support relief ? . I just wanted to support the og himself lol