GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ASTRID - SCCA TT National Tour & Time Attack Build

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Finding more skeletons in the closet. Think this explains why I thought I was making lower than usual boost for an APR tune. Email into HPA, lets see what they come back with...

time to get a GTX28 my dude

zef

Drag Racing Champion
time to get a GTX28 my dude

I just emailed Alex @ Stratifed about the CTS BOSS kit. I have a feeling since he's familiar with the hardware and has tuned a few of these kits before that I'll have a much better experience than before.

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
I just emailed Alex @ Stratifed about the CTS BOSS kit. I have a feeling since he's familiar with the hardware and has tuned a few of these kits before that I'll have a much better experience than before.
You missed the sale by a day...

The boss kit was on $500 discount until Jan 2nd. Mine arrived today. Also you don't need to email Alex. He answers his fbook messenger within like 10 minutes whenever I hit him up. Alex made 450+who on Dustin Sand's car with a gen 1 gtx2867r ATP kit. All on stock internals

Attachments

• 20200103_173022.jpg
    20200103_173022.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 140
  • 20200103_172922.jpg
    20200103_172922.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 150
  • 20200103_172950.jpg
    20200103_172950.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 140
  • 20200103_172718.jpg
    20200103_172718.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 136

zef

Drag Racing Champion
You missed the sale by a day...

The boss kit was on $500 discount until Jan 2nd. Mine arrived today. Also you don't need to email Alex. He answers his fbook messenger within like 10 minutes whenever I hit him up. Alex made 450+who on Dustin Sand's car with a gen 1 gtx2867r ATP kit. All on stock internals

Alex's package was the same price regardless of the CTS sale price, I already asked.

Started giving the engine bay a bath today. Super stoked. #oddlysatisfying

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Good progess today. Finished cleaning the engine bay, wrapped up the firewall in DEI tape. Tomorrow I'll be removing the fenders and hood and prepping the engine bay for paint.

In the meantime, discovered that my VWR pucks totally failed. I have an inquiry into them to see about a warranty claim.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

zef

Drag Racing Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I think I'll stick with plastic for now. The plastic has served me faithfully so I don't expect any issues. I've also heard a number of people report slightly higher coolant temps with the aluminum housing.
which would make sense since aluminum is a good thermal material for heat exchange. the density might make it retain heat.

Reactions: zef

zef

Drag Racing Champion
well VWR isn't going to warranty the mounts, so I decided I am going to go with the vibra-technic subframe pucks. It's basically the better version of the VWR. I guess at some point the two companies collaborated and had a falling out. All the reading I've done has suggested that rubber > poly for mounts, and the VWR mount was originally Vibra's design, so I'm confident I'll have better luck here.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
well VWR isn't going to warranty the mounts, so I decided I am going to go with the vibra-technic subframe pucks. It's basically the better version of the VWR. I guess at some point the two companies collaborated and had a falling out. All the reading I've done has suggested that rubber > poly for mounts, and the VWR mount was originally Vibra's design, so I'm confident I'll have better luck here.
I'm curious, share your research...I've found the opposite and have had good luck with poly. Just can't find anyone making a poly upper.

torga

Autocross Champion
I'm curious, share your research...I've found the opposite and have had good luck with poly. Just can't find anyone making a poly upper.
All the stories of poly bushings shearing/tearing from load haven't happened to higher durometer rubber bushings (that I've seen). That's why I'll be going with TT-RS LCA bushings vs. another poly option.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
All the stories of poly bushings shearing/tearing from load haven't happened to higher durometer rubber bushings (that I've seen). That's why I'll be going with TT-RS LCA bushings vs. another poly option.
I've poly bushings fail, also seen plenty of rubber do the same. I've been running 95a poly bushings everywhere for a few years and haven't had one fail. My entire front and rear suspension is 95a poly

torga

Autocross Champion
I've poly bushings fail, also seen plenty of rubber do the same. I've been running 95a poly bushings everywhere for a few years and haven't had one fail. My entire front and rear suspension is 95a poly
That's for track, right? No daily? Because 95A sounds pretty rough for daily.

zef

Drag Racing Champion

I should've been a little more clear, I was referring specifically to the subframe/motor mounts. Essentially when bonding to metal, poly breaks down over time and will eventually fail, especially if exposed to any oil or other contaminants.