GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

torga's Daily Build - black, 6mt, two-door shenanigans

zrickety

The Fixer
How much torque you running? LOL
I'm all about the weight savings=faster.

torga

Autocross Champion
It's more about how much torque I'll eventually run. I'll go K04 at some point and I wouldn't feel comfortable using 90ish% of the clutch's rating. Sachs is only rated for 520 N*m, which is 385 lb*ft. I'd feel more comfortable with more headroom - better for longevity too.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
After fixing my slow coolant leak, it seems that it has been replaced with a slow oil leak because of course it would. Never a dull moment. I noticed it this weekend, but I didn't have a lot of time before some other obligations so I didn't get to spend too much time tracing the leak. The bottom of my oil pan is pretty moist. I have also noticed some sweating on the upper timing cover, which is odd because that job was done 13 months ago before I bought the car - I have the receipts for it and it was part of the negotiations of me buying the car. I need to get back under and try to trace it.
I've got oil hanging onto the inside of the Torx cavities of the oil pan fasteners, so that rules out a leaky crush washer. Maybe the oil pan needs a reseal? That wouldn't be too hard. I wouldn't mind if it's the RMS either, since I'll be replacing it with the iAbed version in a few months. But yeah, gotta see if I can find a leak path soon. For now, my oil level is still quite good, right at the top of the marking. So the leak is very slow.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
After fixing my slow coolant leak, it seems that it has been replaced with a slow oil leak because of course it would. Never a dull moment. I noticed it this weekend, but I didn't have a lot of time before some other obligations so I didn't get to spend too much time tracing the leak. The bottom of my oil pan is pretty moist. I have also noticed some sweating on the upper timing cover, which is odd because that job was done 13 months ago before I bought the car - I have the receipts for it and it was part of the negotiations of me buying the car. I need to get back under and try to trace it.
I've got oil hanging onto the inside of the Torx cavities of the oil pan fasteners, so that rules out a leaky crush washer. Maybe the oil pan needs a reseal? That wouldn't be too hard. I wouldn't mind if it's the RMS either, since I'll be replacing it with the iAbed version in a few months. But yeah, gotta see if I can find a leak path soon. For now, my oil level is still quite good, right at the top of the marking. So the leak is very slow.

you could try liqui moly green molygen oil to try to track the leak location

torga

Autocross Champion
They used to say if a Mercedes wasn't leaking, then it was out of fluid...
I didn't buy a Merc, I bought the people's wagen! I only signed up for CEL and TPMS lights!

torga

Autocross Champion
you could try liqui moly green molygen oil to try to track the leak location
That's a thought. I'll try to get eyes on it before I try to chase it with this stuff, though. If I can't find anything, I'll probably go this route.

torga

Autocross Champion
Just some sunset vibes.

LR_IMG_20191213_171312-01-01-01.jpeg

torga

Autocross Champion
Gonna change my oil this weekend and next weekend I will be installing my FMIC. Pretty soon I won't have a garage, so I'd like to get that install out of the way.

torga

Autocross Champion
ARM's.
I bought just the core for a stupid low price and picked up the hardware kit from ARM. $170 all-in.

Reactions: zef

torga

Autocross Champion
Jealous. Let us know how it goes, good luck.
Thanks! The hardware kit was more expensive than the core! I think the guy was just sick of it taking up space. No idea why he didn't also have the hoses/hardware.