GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I finally used my QuickJack to swap my wheels and tires.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Last edited:

Johaan

Ready to race!
You are in ATL. Which dealership?
Jim Ellis in Chamblee

Really like my advisor, Rose, but this was not a great experience. She was upset as well and worked to make it right.

My lesson learned is to also never book an appointment before a holiday, off or not.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Here's a small technical write-up I would love to share with you all.

I couldn't sleep... so I started working on a solution for everyone who wants custom color highlights inside their car, but don't have the facelift BCM... MK7.5 had an optional package for RGB ambient lighting, which allows you to modify the colors of the cluster, infotainment and interior LEDs. On MK7, this isn't possible unless you retrofit all the facelift hardware. So now I'm investigating the ambience color map files.

Here's the "ambience color map" for the MIB. I won't go too deep into technical details, but this file tells your infotainment:
"if it's a GTI, use red highlights in the MIB". My car has "blue" by default, and there's no way to change it to something other than these two colors... until now :)

Long story short: I made a script that makes the raw data "visible", so I can show what's what. In the image you can see some vertical bars with colors. Each of these is a color-setting (consisting of a Red, Green, Blue value, which combine to a color-code). The top half are all blue profiles, followed by a couple of red ones, and occassionally a white and green. I have to do some trial&error to find out what is what. The second half (you can see, the data has a slightly different "shape" there") is still a bit unclear what it does.. hopefully there's something interesting there!

My first test was to replace all "blue" entries by green ones:

And this lead to a new color inside my MIB:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Here's a small technical write-up I would love to share with you all.

I couldn't sleep... so I started working on a solution for everyone who wants custom color highlights inside their car, but don't have the facelift BCM... MK7.5 had an optional package for RGB ambient lighting, which allows you to modify the colors of the cluster, infotainment and interior LEDs. On MK7, this isn't possible unless you retrofit all the facelift hardware. So now I'm investigating the ambience color map files.

Here's the "ambience color map" for the MIB. I won't go too deep into technical details, but this file tells your infotainment:
"if it's a GTI, use red highlights in the MIB". My car has "blue" by default, and there's no way to change it to something other than these two colors... until now :)

Long story short: I made a script that makes the raw data "visible", so I can show what's what. In the image you can see some vertical bars with colors. Each of these is a color-setting (consisting of a Red, Green, Blue value, which combine to a color-code). The top half are all blue profiles, followed by a couple of red ones, and occassionally a white and green. I have to do some trial&error to find out what is what. The second half (you can see, the data has a slightly different "shape" there") is still a bit unclear what it does.. hopefully there's something interesting there!

*pic*

My first test was to replace all "blue" entries by green ones:
*pic*

And this lead to a new color inside my MIB:
*pic*

Every post you make blows my mind. Keep it up man, this is awesome

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Started my e-tuning process with Ed at EQT. I recently installed an IS38 and I've been running on the Cobb IS38 OTS map and what a world of difference just the EQT base map makes! Throttle response, power, and overall drivability is night and day compared to the Cobb OTS! Can't wait to see how the car runs once everything is dialed in.