GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4motion swapped 2.5 turbo Variant Build

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Golf R Brake retrofit done.

Golf R calipers/carriers + TyrolSport stiffening kit + Hawk Talon rotors + Carbotech Pads

And a shot of the booty just because. I need some tips...

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Whelp! That didn't last long. As much as I wanted to love the matte finish, I just felt it didn't fit well with the Wagen. I liked the look in a the garage, but not so much out in the natural light. Luckily, the AutoFlex paint peeled beautifully and the car was a breeze to get back to stock. I'll post up a pic soon of the car in it's new state. Appreciate all the love on this build thus far, I promise you the next improvements will be worth the follow :)

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Ah man, I loved the matte look. Excited to see what's next.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
One small mod and some big news! After going back and forth about 5 times with the direction to go and after crunching numbers (both performance and costs), I've decided to build up the 2.5 versus the original plan to swap the GTI guts into the wagen. I'll devote this year to all supporting mods and getting the new transmission (O2Q GTI 6-spd) in the car while I slowly build my spare 2.5 engine into a forced induction setup on the stand. For this year, I'll enjoy IE's proven 2.5 NA setup.

Subtle + functional anti-glare aspherical blind-spot mirrors.

And we're just waiting on FedEx to deliver these goodies!

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Getting all the conversion parts color-matched. Had some time to get the rear valance, diffuser and new reflectors installed today.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
First drive of 2020. Car will be down again next week as I install Integrated Engineering Stage 2 software, TCU software, short runner intake manifold, etc.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Started the IE Stage2 power kit install. Install was breeze up until the air intake portion. Not happy at all with the intake fitment. Way too tight and not really a serviceable design. Lots of binding to get things to set decent. Filter makes contact with the headlight caps, etc. I'm exploring other options now for the intake. I'll reuse the heat shield and fab up the rest myself.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
IE fuel rail fitted with cleaned injectors and new o-rings. Still waiting on my AN to hose barb fitting and cap to get fueling done.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Got the fuel lines and purge valve lines sorted today. New coil packs, valve cover + Felpro gasket and some preliminary catch can routing. I'll wrap up the catch can install and vacuum pump delete in the next couple days.

torga

Autocross Champion
*drooling*

I wanna eat off it. Can we arrange that?