GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sunroof relief!

applesauce2

Passed Driver's Ed
Where exactly on the glass did they place a strip? I have the felt in the plastic channel, but there still some slight noise coming from the sunroof area.

Yes sir! Sorry for not posting the update yesterday. I’ve been driving around with the radio off trying to hear any kind of rattling from the sunroof. Man I swear it’s silent!!!! All he did was stick an adhesive tape on the back part of the glass and also down into the back part of the Rear groove where it fits into. he said it was 3 pieces he had to apply. I’m not allowed to open it for 48 hours so it sets in properly. I’ll take pics in the next few days and show you what it looks like once it’s dried and set. Very happy with it. Hopefully it stays silent. Lol! Now that I’m listening to radio again I notice a vibrating coming either from the passenger door fender speaker or just the door itself rattling from the bass of the speaker. I don’t mind the door rattling from Music I just hope my speaker isn’t blown. Only ever have it up half way cuz that’s plenty loud as these fender speakers are sweet.

Ronnie1

Ready to race!
Where exactly on the glass did they place a strip? I have the felt in the plastic channel, but there still some slight noise coming from the sunroof area.
Sorry it’s been raining here in Detroit so haven’t opened it yet to inspect. I’ll try to take a pic today. Tech said he placed a strip on the back of the sunroof glass. It’s been silent since. Need to open it up to take a pic which I’ll do today or tomorrow.

suprsoldier

Awesome.

Cut the bass down.

Bass -2 or -3
midbass -2 or -1
treble +1

move fader 2 notches to rear

set sub to whatever sounds best, let it do the heavy lifting.
These settings are just for Fender / systems with sub I assume?

Edit: thanks for all the advice in this thread too. Gonna try the moonroof fix out asap. It's been cold in the Philadelphia area, driving without the music at less than nearly full volume is unbearable. Sounds like somebody rubbing Styrofoam together a foot from my ear.

Last edited:

GTI-CAL

Passed Driver's Ed
Can someone tell me if this placement of the velcro strip is correct OR do you start the velcro strip where it starts to dip??

is 3 strips placed on each corner and in the middle suffficient?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 161

GTIJH

Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
This may help others if the Velcro does not completely get rid of a squeaking sunroof. Mine would squeak like crazy as soon as the weather turned cold (rubber against metal sound). Velcro helped some, but what cured my sunroof squeak was using Gummi Pflege on the bottom of the outer side seals on the edge of my sunroof (the sides parallel to the doors that are easy to reach on the driver and passenger sides of the sunroof). I think the Velcro works better for creaking and rattling.

Shorty Long

Sorry it’s been raining here in Detroit so haven’t opened it yet to inspect. I’ll try to take a pic today. Tech said he placed a strip on the back of the sunroof glass. It’s been silent since. Need to open it up to take a pic which I’ll do today or tomorrow.
So...about that photo of the strip on the sunroof glass...

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Anyone go from sunroof to no sunroof? I went from a MK5 with a sunroof to an R with none. Even with a new compressor and receiver/dryer and cooling fans, on my MK5 it was still too hot in the car, even with the A/C on max and 11% light transmission tint on all glass except the windshield and sunroof. The A/C seemed to be working correctly, with no faults. My R, with no tint, cools great. In the worst heat and humidity, it cools down in 10 minutes from a hot start. Still need it on an aggressive setting in the sun, but we're talking upper 90's and humid. The only real difference between the cars is the sunroof. I know the A/C on MK7s are much improved, but does it explain my former dilemma?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Anyone go from sunroof to no sunroof? I went from a MK5 with a sunroof to an R with none. Even with a new compressor and receiver/dryer and cooling fans, on my MK5 it was still too hot in the car, even with the A/C on max and 11% light transmission tint on all glass except the windshield and sunroof. The A/C seemed to be working correctly, with no faults. My R, with no tint, cools great. In the worst heat and humidity, it cools down in 10 minutes from a hot start. Still need it on an aggressive setting in the sun, but we're talking upper 90's and humid. The only real difference between the cars is the sunroof. I know the A/C on MK7s are much improved, but does it explain my former dilemma?
A/C works fine in my car w/ sunroof in 115+ degree heat. But it's also ceramic tinted