GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Don’t throw your OEM intercooler & radiator away

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’d post this in the private sales section, but it would probably get three views before ending up 27 pages back so here we go.

There’s literally zero market for stock GTI intercooler and radiator, so I’m assuming most people who upgrade throw the originals away. With that said I’ve got an idea for those who track their mk7 (talking tracks with turns) and need OEM parts to do a little R&D without taking my daily driver apart.

Again, I respect the forum rules and will not be advertising any sales here. Just as an enthusiast I’d like your old junk before it goes to the curb.

-Jake

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I have my OEM IC.....

anotherwhitemk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Jake, I have the OEM intercooler out of my MK7 GLI with about 5k miles on it just sitting in my garage. I’ll donate but the top part where the radiator clips in is broken, but otherwise in perfect shape. I can post pics later if interested.
-Doug

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I’d post this in the private sales section, but it would probably get three views before ending up 27 pages back so here we go.

There’s literally zero market for stock GTI intercooler and radiator, so I’m assuming most people who upgrade throw the originals away. With that said I’ve got an idea for those who track their mk7 (talking tracks with turns) and need OEM parts to do a little R&D without taking my daily driver apart.

Again, I respect the forum rules and will not be advertising any sales here. Just as an enthusiast I’d like your old junk before it goes to the curb.

-Jake
I have my oem intercooler and I'm only a good 2.5 hrs away from you

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the responses, really hoping to grab both pieces with all mounting points fully intact

I have my oem intercooler and I'm only a good 2.5 hrs away from you

I’ll definitely keep you in mind! Which direction? I stay pretty local most of the time but we do an occasional day trip that could work out

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Pay to have mine shipped.... ?

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
My radiator got a pin sized hole in it from a rock but i kept it. Would you be interested in it?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
My radiator got a pin sized hole in it from a rock but i kept it. Would you be interested in it?

Yeah the plan is to build a weld fixture around the OEM Rad and IC to design and build a triple pass radiator that occupies the space of both pieces (FMIC in use), so the functional side of things doesn’t matter I just need all the OEM mounts in tact

I actually want to have a race shop in Ohio do the work, he's and outstanding fabricator and machinists so the whole thing could be built in house at his shop.

We worked together on a prototype project for motocross radiators where I helped with testing over a decade ago. He builds parts for factory sponsored riders, Indy cars, sprint cars, ect

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Alright well i am in SE Virginia so maybe a meet up some time in the future to drop it off.

Juggar

Ready to race!
I sold my stock Intercooler and downpipe on eBay.

I got $60 for the stock IC and the buyer paid shipping.

You can certainly buy a nice steak dinner with the IC, LOL. Figure its body shops buying the parts to repair customer cars involved in accidents.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the responses, really hoping to grab both pieces with all mounting points fully intact

I’ll definitely keep you in mind! Which direction? I stay pretty local most of the time but we do an occasional day trip that could work out
I'm in durham NC. We met back a few months ago at BFIs Oktoberfest and talked for awhile, idk if you remember since we were drinking some beers lol