GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R rear sway for neutral handling?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What could go wrong having a plastic endlink break mid corner? The Moog endlinks are so cheap and have greaseable OEM like links with boots, you'd be crazy not to replace them.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
If you get the Moogs make sure you paint them or they will rust. I just installed 034 dynamic+ non spherical adjustable end links that hopefully won’t have the same issue.
What was your experience with the Moog links? I get the cosmetic point, but I always assumed the rubber bushes would begin to fail well before rust would be an issue

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
What was your experience with the Moog links? I get the cosmetic point, but I always assumed the rubber bushes would begin to fail well before rust would be an issue

I installed the Moog links at the same time as my H&R 24mm. I think they were making some noise at low speed but that could have been my install error. The OEM links probably would have been fine since my car was not lowered at the time.

I lowered my car last week and decided to switch to adjustable end links for proper pre load adjustment. It hasn’t rained much in my part of CA so there wasn’t much rust on the Moogs when I took them off. They probably still work fine.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
A much larger rear bar seems to bring handling closer to neutral.
The rear 25mm ST sway bar with Moog endlinks is an excellent combo for quality and value. Not extremely thick but paired with some trailing arm braces you have really improved handling without anything unpredictable at the limit of traction ?

I have this combo on my 2018 GTI, no braces. I have my Blizzaks on for the winter, and the handling improvement is amazing. Body roll is just about gone. The real test will be in the spring when the summer wheels go on. Ride quality is just about the same but I made no changes to the DCC settings.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion

No issues at all with the Moog links. I painted them before installing and greased them well.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Some figures I’ve read over the past week while I’ve been looking over which sway bar to purchase. Nothing new here but news to me;

Neuspeed tubular 25mm RSB; 101% Increase Rate over Factory.

Hotchkis tubular 25.4mm RSB;
115% Increase Rate over Factory.

034 Solid solid 25.4mm RSB adjustable;
153% Increase Rate over Factory (soft).
174% Increase Rate over Factory (firm).

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Interesting Chart from Whiteline.
Explains that for adjustable RSB, add 1mm of diameter thickness for the “harder” hole setting.

I can see now how a 22mm RSB can offer a slight increase over factory- because of the adjustability.

https://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/bulletins/Update BL-281.pdf
So for Whiteline 22mm RSB (adjustable);
Using the solid 20mm PP factory as a baseline;
46% rate increase on “soft”
75% increase on “hard”

A mild upgrade.
That 40 something % increase was mentioned earlier in this thread. The chart confirms the extrapolation.

Using the chart, one would assume that the popular 24mm H&R RSB offers a 107% increased rate over Factory.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You're assuming based on diameter, but you'd need to actually compare wall thickness and arm length.