GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Apex ARC-8 Wheels

Are you interested in the Apex Wheel group buy?

• Total voters

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Based on all their other wheel offerings for BMW, Porsche etc, they will be hub centric and have ball seats to suit the MQB platform. The wheels will be designed to suit our cars.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Been looking a bit more into this and talking to some BMW friends. Apex wheels have a damn good rep in the BMW community. Also saw they have a 50% off replacement wheel policy regardless of cause, which is amazing.

So I'm kinda thinking I might need 2 sets - 1 for track use, the other for winter tires. At the price point seen in other group buys, it's actually pretty damn reasonable for a set of winters that wont bend every damn year. They sell BMW winter sets so I'm assuming the finish will be capable of standing up to winter use. It also means I always have spares if I eff up and trash a wheel or two while I wait for replacements :)

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
All my BMW track Buddies who have dedicated track wheels, run Apex wheels.

One friend turned in a little early for Hogpen at VIR. There was a hole before the curbing from the pro racing the weekend before and he bent a rim. The 50% rim replacement is a really cool policy. DE’s after any racing can prove a little trickier from the big holes dug out in front of some curbs

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Based on all their other wheel offerings for BMW, Porsche etc, they will be hub centric and have ball seats to suit the MQB platform. The wheels will be designed to suit our cars.
Mini7, do you know if it might be possible to get come kind of color chip chart from Apex prior to my placing my order with the group buy? I'm having a bit of a challenge selecting between a couple of their standard color options. BTW, as all these finishes are paint colors, if they might be able to provide the Pantone colors used for this wheel, I can take it from there.
I can't wait for the wheels to be in hand and winter over!

Last edited:

cblock406

Ready to race!
I have a set of concave Arc 8's for my BMW. I keep in pretty constant contact with the company and I recently talked to them when I bought my GTI about ordering a custom set. That was a no go, but they confirmed they are planning on bringing something out for the VW community in 2020, but it didn't sound like there was anything in the immediate pipeline. My guess is if they do anything it will be coming out later in the year. I've bought through their group buys before and for the group buy price and the quality of the wheels, nothing else really touches them.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I have a set of concave Arc 8's for my BMW. I keep in pretty constant contact with the company and I recently talked to them when I bought my GTI about ordering a custom set. That was a no go, but they confirmed they are planning on bringing something out for the VW community in 2020, but it didn't sound like there was anything in the immediate pipeline. My guess is if they do anything it will be coming out later in the year. I've bought through their group buys before and for the group buy price and the quality of the wheels, nothing else really touches them.
Maybe read the thread first and you'd answer your own guess.
RBeddeaQ5Xo0E.gif

cblock406

Ready to race!
Maybe read the thread first and you'd answer your own guess. View attachment 163918

I read the entire thing. Nobody knows when they will be released. I reached out to them directly, here is a recent response from the company itself, which I have also not seen represented in this thread:

But WTF do I know about Apex wheels?

I'd like to know what information you have after you so kindly singled me out.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I read the entire thing. Nobody knows when they will be released. I reached out to them directly, here is a recent response from the company itself, which I have also not seen represented in this thread:

But WTF do I know about Apex wheels?

I'd like to know what information you have after you so kindly singled me out.

go re-read page 5 &6 and maybe you'll be able to figure it. Not super confident in your abilities if you already read the whole thread tho.

cblock406

Ready to race!
go re-read page 5 &6 and maybe you'll be able to figure it. Not super confident in your abilities if you already read the whole thread tho.

yeah, they are looking into voids in the marketplace, I see no concrete data of any sort of release date or confirmation of when they are coming out with a 5x112 wheel. If I am so dense and am not seeing something you keep vaguely trying to point out, please be direct and quote it. I was simply sharing what I heard from the company. If you have some sort of problem with me, please take it to pm.

Edit:

I reached out to the person I know at Apex about timeframe and this is what I heard:

Last edited:

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Ouch I can't wait that long... I need something for Spring.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I will reach out and see what the timeline is and whether anything has changed.