GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5150 Will take your money and not give you a tune.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Only if they actually manage to deliver the tune.
Haha. I'm fortunate enough to be local to 5150, so I was able to get dyno tuned. If I didn't have the ability to get dyno tuned by someone reputable, I would have just gone OTS. I have too many priors to risk getting caught speeding at 100+mph datalogging.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Haha. I'm fortunate enough to be local to 5150, so I was able to get dyno tuned. If I didn't have the ability to get dyno tuned by someone reputable, I would have just gone OTS. I have too many priors to risk getting caught speeding at 100+mph datalogging.

Yeah, going 130 at WOT in 4th is fun, but not safe by any means.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Threads like this make me really appreciate my decision to go with a simple OTS "flash and forget" tune from a reputable company (Unitronic). The process was completely painless and I'm 100% satisfied with my tunes and their customer service. Being a daily driver, with occasional circuit track days, this was the absolute correct decision for my personal GTI.

I can understand this reasoning... It's the route I should have gone with my mk6... Would have saved a lot of money and avoided multiple headaches lol.

Imo base maps from tuners like EQT are like ots just a bit more developed and you can also get additional refinement. Really depends on how long they spend on it.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Got a ticket last August... Datalogging and testing my wmi kit... Hadn't left the shop for 10 minutes lol. At least he didn't ticket me for the 130+ I was actually going.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Got a ticket last August... Datalogging and testing my wmi kit... Hadn't left the shop for 10 minutes lol. At least he didn't ticket me for the 130+ I was actually going.
That's extremely merciful.

Pretty sure most people end up in cuffs for that kind of speed.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
That's extremely merciful.

Pretty sure most people end up in cuffs for that kind of speed.

130 ain't nothing around here lol

It was motorcycle cop on a very empty stretch of hwy. He paced me, didn't clock me... I didn't see him because he rolled up behind me.

But said he had to do 100+ to catch up. I acknowledged him, put flashers on, and pulled over as soon as I could.
He said he was grateful I was polite and didn't run. Gave me a 20 over ticket. 85 in a 65 or something

Took defensive driving again (3rd time lol), so I still got a clean record ;)

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
130 ain't nothing around here lol

It was motorcycle cop on a very empty stretch of hwy. He paced me, didn't clock me... I didn't see him because he rolled up behind me.

But said he had to do 100+ to catch up. I acknowledged him, put flashers on, and pulled over as soon as I could.
He said he was grateful I was polite and didn't run. Gave me a 20 over ticket. 85 in a 65 or something

Took defensive driving again, so I still got a clean record ;)

I'm moving to DFW now.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
I'm moving to DFW now.
Hahaha... We really got a nice dub community here. Quite a few 5-600whp Rs and GTIs. Local shop is having open garage Saturday letting people come use lift/tools etc.

That being said I'm definitely renting dyno time when I go BT in a R.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Jon I think everyone in the MQB community knows and respects your ability to tune. The problem is that it seems to always be the same issue that plagues your business. On top of that your responses come across defensive and never sincere. Your business acumen and customer service is absolutely terrible. Obviously I am on the outside looking in, but the reality is that not everyone will know the full story and yet they will still view your business in a negative light based on the details presented. At the end of they day, it is up to you to control the perception of your business. Transparency and customer service are absolutely critical.

Welcome to the forum. That was your first post and it was excellent.

lo-vw

Passed Driver's Ed
I appreciate everyone's help, he did the right thing and gave me a refund.

10 months later, never completing the job, and I had to make a post like this in order to get it.

Wish I would of seen posts like this before going with them.

Tuners be warned.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
I appreciate everyone's help, he did the right thing and gave me a refund.

10 months later, never completing the job, and I had to make a post like this in order to get it.

Wish I would of seen posts like this before going with them.

Tuners be warned.
Glad it got sorted. I've seen plenty negative about 5050, excuse I mean 5150 on FB. A lot of positives also.

Sucks... Seems Jon is very talented tuner, but business acumen is lacking.

Sometimes it's best to let someone else handle the PR stuff and customer service. Idk.

5150s Yelp review page is spicy lol