GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Autocar says under 28,000 pounds for a 5 door GTI with Nav. The truth is you can’t get the GTI in GB currently. I’d guess they are transitioning to the Mk8. It’s not on VW UK’s website. The M135i starts at about 49k pounds.

Huh? I got a significantly lower price on CarWow for a new M135i.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Autocar says under 28,000 pounds for a 5 door GTI with Nav. The truth is you can’t get the GTI in GB currently. I’d guess they are transitioning to the Mk8. It’s not on VW UK’s website. The M135i starts at about 49k pounds.
I don’t know where you got that info? but The new M135i starts at £36K list and can actually be picked up for around £33K without any options fitted through car wow, apart from that I’ve already been to the dealership and the M135i I configured with the sales guy came to around £37500! You can drive away in an M2 competition for just over £49k!
https://configure.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/c...880,S08KA,S08R9,S08S2,S08S3,S08SM,S08TF,S08TG

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Hey, at least you’ll have an ugly car AND look like a douche in that BMW. Get heavy or don’t. ?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hey, at least you’ll have an ugly car AND look like a douche in that BMW. Get heavy or don’t. ?

I think it looks great and like Carlosfandang0 said the kidney shaped grill takes a little to get used to but it's unmistakably a BMW because of the kidney shaped grill.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Yeah that’s the only telltale sign since they look like every other car from any other angle. Zzzz. But hey, this is a VW forum anyway right?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah that’s the only telltale sign since they look like every other car from any other angle. Zzzz

Sorry to wake you up but according to what you said all cars look alike except for the grill.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Thanks for the pedantic observation but it was just a colloquialism. ?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
I’m genuinely hoping I like the GTI and R when I see them, I’m a golf, and particularly a GTi fan, I really want to stick with VW but I’m just not sure about the mk8, having said that though, when the GTi is launched it will have a darker interior with black headliner etc so will have a different feel inside, there will also be wingback seats available too going by the originally revealed yellow mk8 which had R embroidered ones fitted, I know we need to see the hot versions before drawing conclusions but the currently revealed interior and styling doesn’t make me want one, where as the M135i peaks my interest, the Mercedes A35 AMG (still not sure about the looks) is also a car I’d consider over the Mk8, I hope the R in particular can give them a run for their money, but get the impression the GTi and R may well come across as rather boring in comparison! I hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I can’t get over the mk8 interior. But I hate over-tech of my cars. Digitally controlled analog gauges and buttons make me feel better about selling my soul to the technology world.

The sharp edges look like they are washing their hands of tradition and going full Civic on us.

No more wagons, derp looking Mk8, shoving the Tiguan (arguably the worst car I’ve ever owned) down our throat, no more people’s first warranty... Glad we bought our 19s GTI and Alltrack) while we still could.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Looks pretty decent like this

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Looks pretty decent like this
Going by the pictures below I’d say the above render is pretty close in general appearance, it doesn’t make me desperately want to go and get one though, we’ll have to wait until March to see I guess!
DA2BCA9C-AD2C-4030-83D0-7666AA1413D1.jpeg