GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Ah, I get it now.

Use the vendor in the first post and ask for SS. They'll build them for you.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
For those of you that painted the Macan calipers, what type of paint did you use, and what kind of prep work did you do in advance? Complete strip of the original Porsche finish? Sanding? Brake cleaner?

Thanks in advance.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
For those of you that painted the Macan calipers, what type of paint did you use, and what kind of prep work did you do in advance? Complete strip of the original Porsche finish? Sanding? Brake cleaner?

Thanks in advance.

Mine are still sitting on my work bench because I'm lazy, and the one chance I had the temps were in the high 40s which I thought was too cold.

My plan is to tape up the pistons so they don't get any debris in them, then sand off the Porsche logo, rough up the caliper and brush it with G2 caliper paint. I'm doing gloss black on top of the flat black which should be pretty forgiving of imperfections.. I'd be interested to hear how others are doing this.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Took it to a powdercoater. Calipers were taken apart, important parts were masked off, and the factory coating was media blasted off.

Coated, then rebuilt after they were coated.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
I do not recommend or advocate buying used pads but, $95 < $270 ?
Screenshot_20200221-164506.png

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
I’m trying to figure out what color to paint mine. I’m stuck between Blue and black.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I’m trying to figure out what color to paint mine. I’m stuck between Blue and black.

Black is boring. Go blue and paint rears to match.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Black is boring. Go blue and paint rears to match.

I kinda regret getting black and not going with a different color.Yellow would look good. But I’m lazy and didn’t want to have to paint the rears to match.

I’m tempted to save the black for my wife’s A4 and change colors.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
I kinda regret getting black and not going with a different color...
Black is arguably the most traditional but silver might be even more low key. Definitely not exciting but, I'm interested to see how the oem coating holds up on track