GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That is a stupid good deal. Now try and find ST43's for the stock PP calipers. I'm pretty sure noone has bought a set from when I told Porterfield to add the pad shape to their website.

That's one of the best reasons for swapping to Brembos. Pad selection.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I haven't used my Power Stop Track Day pads yet, but I've read good things and they're $120. I've asked them to make the track day spec, which is dedicated track pad, and they said they'd consider it if there was interest.

Piggy_bee

I haven't used my Power Stop Track Day pads yet, but I've read good things and they're $120. I've asked them to make the track day spec, which is dedicated track pad, and they said they'd consider it if there was interest.
I have ordered Power Stop Track Day Pads after read. But there don't come with hardware and no response from customer support.

Attachments

• _20200223_202132.JPG
    _20200223_202132.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 168
  • _20200223_202301.JPG
    _20200223_202301.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 172

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
The pins and spring plate come with the calipers. Not a super big deal with you didn't get them with your pads

(Unless you want another set of hardware on hand)

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
I've been doing research into this calliper conversion longer than most.
One of the benefits for me was a utilising larger calliper that look good that were also lighter calliper than OE (reduced unsprung weight) which would help with turn in etc.

I've done a bit or research onto brake disc (rotor) weight over time for the exact same reasons as from my understanding, for every kilo you loose in disc weight it can equate to as much as 10 times that in unsprung weight.

MTEC are a reliable budget UK brand but the weight of their 340mm 1 piece discs have always put me off. I'd be interested to see how much their 2 piece 345mm discs weigh though so I might have to give them a call.

Below is a list of 340mm disc weights and the price in UK £.

Brake Disc Weight - Lightest first

ECS:
18.30 lbs / 8.3Kg each £680 a pair
(2 piece)

VW Club Sport:
21.60 lbs / 9.8Kg each £320 a pair

EBC Turbo Groove 22.04 its / 10Kg each £204 a pair

Nitrac: 22.92 lbs / 10.4 Kg each £245 a pair (+ £40 for Deep Cryogenic Treatment)

OE: 23.58 lbs / 10.7 Kg each £?

Tarox: 23.69 lbs / 10.75 Kg each £384 a pair (Sport Japan)

MTEC: 24.25 lbs / 11Kg each £105 a pair

Stoptech: 26.5 lbs / 12.02 Kg each
(1 Piece)

ESC:
30 lbs / 13.6Kg each
(1 piece)

Did you find out the weight of the Mtec 2 Piece rotors?

Also did some here go in on that group buy? Curious to know when you guys expect your rotors.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Did you find out the weight of the Mtec 2 Piece rotors?

Also did some here go in on that group buy? Curious to know when you guys expect your rotors.

Lol about that.

We were getting to the end stages of the GB, about to start sending out invoices and it turns out we were getting trolled.

This is what was originally posted as the disks on the product page:

We asked multiple times if that was the accurate representation of the hat, if the hardware was reusable when replacing disks, etc etc. All questions that they answered to indicate what we would be getting would be the disks in the pics

Last email we got from them "oh turns out the pics on the page and the specs aren't what we've been telling you the while time" here's the updated "actual rotors":

They also updated the product page with the new pics after telling us.

Yeaaah, so we're aborting this.

Last edited:

Piggy_bee

The pins and spring plate come with the calipers. Not a super big deal with you didn't get them with your pads

(Unless you want another set of hardware on hand)

My calipers are ordered from local dealer, that would be niced if these come with calipers set.

Hardware may not be important in case of these is not a good things from powerstop by review.
But no response from Powerstop for a simple e-mail, that's suck…

Attachments

• _20200224_153845.JPG
    _20200224_153845.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 163
  • _20200224_153956.JPG
    _20200224_153956.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 154

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
z26-1001 are designed for street. PST-1001 are designed for track, but you can drive them to the track. I'm trying to get them to make the PSA pad in the 1001 backing plate. It's a full track pad.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
So I got all the parts and pieces to do my install, but I sold my condo today and don’t buy my house until Monday. So I can’t do anything for at least a week

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
I kinda regret getting black and not going with a different color.Yellow would look good. But I’m lazy and didn’t want to have to paint the rears to match.

I’m tempted to save the black for my wife’s A4 and change colors.

Well...you done yet? Lol

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Lol about that.

We were getting to the end stages of the GB, about to start sending out invoices and it turns out we were getting trolled.

This is what was originally posted as the disks on the product page:

We asked multiple times if that was the accurate representation of the hat, if the hardware was reusable when replacing disks, etc etc. All questions that they answered to indicate what we would be getting would be the disks in the pics

Last email we got from them "oh turns out the pics on the page and the specs aren't what we've been telling you the while time" here's the updated "actual rotors":

They also updated the product page with the new pics after telling us.

Yeaaah, so we're aborting this.

I'm not 100% sure why you're aborting... Besides a bit of weightsavings from the scalloping (minimal, given that part is aluminum) and no rear view, that's what I'd expect the hubs to look like for a Mk7. Only thing I don't like is the groove machining being so close to the outer edge (yikes) yet such a big gap inside.

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
I'm not 100% sure why you're aborting... Besides a bit of weightsavings from the scalloping (minimal, given that part is aluminum) and no rear view, that's what I'd expect the hubs to look like for a Mk7. Only thing I don't like is the groove machining being so close to the outer edge (yikes) yet such a big gap inside.

He forgot to add that originally the CS rep stated it was a fully floating rotor with bobbins. This got changed to bolts and no bobbins when it came time to pay. You might as well get the ECS product as it's basically the same, I was expecting a fully floating setup.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
He forgot to add that originally the CS rep stated it was a fully floating rotor with bobbins. This got changed to bolts and no bobbins when it came time to pay. You might as well get the ECS product as it's basically the same, I was expecting a fully floating setup.

Ah, yeah, that's a big difference then!