GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Well...you done yet? Lol

Yeah, painted last week. I still need to order lines and 3mm spacers and longer lug bolts (just in case).
7A0018E9-1B05-49AD-ADF3-25535917247E.jpeg

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
He forgot to add that originally the CS rep stated it was a fully floating rotor with bobbins. This got changed to bolts and no bobbins when it came time to pay. You might as well get the ECS product as it's basically the same, I was expecting a fully floating setup.

I 'm from the UK and MTEC discs have a reputation for being reasonable quality, quite heavy but at a cheap price.
From what can make out her ECS rotors are better quality, much lighter but also much more expensive.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Had them installed on my Mk7.5 1.8T GSW yesterday with Technafit SS lines, Posiquiet ceramic pads, Neuspeed RSE12 18x8.5 wheels with 12.5mm spacer (SO much room).

Pedal travel is fairly long before getting them to grab, once there though modulation is much improved over the stock brakes. If I tap the brake pedal and depress it again, they grab much higher and feel amazing.

How many rounds of bleeding did it take to remove all the air (I’m assuming there’s still some there)? My MC is smaller, sure, but I think the brake feel I get with a double press might be attainable once the air is gone and the VCDS adaptations done?

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Running mine on mk7 R 340mm rotors. No overhang on the pads, confirmed when I took off the pads to check wear.

Hel Performance SS lines

STi Centric Posi-Quiet Ceramic pads for daily, Endless ME22 for track

Neuspeed RSe10 in 18x8.5 +45, no spacers required. Will probably fit my Konig Dekagram 18x8.5 +43 with 8mm or 10mm spacers. Haven't had the time to check.

I can confirm that Hypergams require +8mm spacer for Audi TTS Calipers, so probably about the same as . 255/35s poke by 1-2mm on stock camber with the 8mm spacers. Trying to decide if I want to get a camber kit of some kind and run the TTS calipers, or just sell them off.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Had them installed on my Mk7.5 1.8T GSW yesterday with Technafit SS lines, Posiquiet ceramic pads, Neuspeed RSE12 18x8.5 wheels with 12.5mm spacer (SO much room).

Pedal travel is fairly long before getting them to grab, once there though modulation is much improved over the stock brakes. If I tap the brake pedal and depress it again, they grab much higher and feel amazing.

How many rounds of bleeding did it take to remove all the air (I’m assuming there’s still some there)? My MC is smaller, sure, but I think the brake feel I get with a double press might be attainable once the air is gone and the VCDS adaptations done?

Bleed rears, then fronts, and do the adaptions in the first post. All will be well.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I can confirm that Hypergams require +8mm spacer for Audi TTS Calipers, so probably about the same as . 255/35s poke by 1-2mm on stock camber with the 8mm spacers. Trying to decide if I want to get a camber kit of some kind and run the TTS calipers, or just sell them off.

I'm using Eurosport camber kit. It's a pain in the ass to remove the stock metal part of the strut top, but I'm super happy with them so far. If you use all the slack available at the ball joint and the strut top, you can get -2.4 with a 1" drop on a GTI. I'm a big fan. The rear swaybar reduced understeer, but you still had to be careful on corner entry. Now I attack corner entry and the car is so fun to drive. Do the camber no matter what you end up doing with brakes.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion

I got some 10mm spacers and that looks to do the trick. I'm sure 8mm would have cleared, but I managed to snag a deal on 10mm and might as well get that extra clearance.

Was at the autoshow and was looking at the brake clearance on the new WRX STI. It's hecka tight from factory and I basically will have that much clearance.

I have 034 camber plates, so I'm hoping to not rub on 245.

Got a set of Titan7 10 spoke and will test clearance on that probably next week

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I got some 10mm spacers and that looks to do the trick. I'm sure 8mm would have cleared, but I managed to snag a deal on 10mm and might as well get that extra clearance.

Was at the autoshow and was looking at the brake clearance on the new WRX STI. It's hecka tight from factory and I basically will have that much clearance.

I have 034 camber plates, so I'm hoping to not rub on 245.

Got a set of Titan7 10 spoke and will test clearance on that probably next week

My last pair of wheels were almost closer to the PP carriers than an 8mm spacer with the Hypergrams provided to the TT-S calipers. I think I have to give them a shot. My winter's clear just fine as they are 17x7.5 et35. I am not going to lower my car even though I bought a suspension kit. My kiddo's daycare driveway won't clear any bit of lowering.

I just need to get the Eurosport kit, or the 034/Superpro camber plates. That will eliminate the fender poke for sure. Don't want to cut my upper mounts. Or get Whiteline LCAs for around $100 more than camber plates. 0.5 degrees more camber would almost do it from the poke perspective.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
We have a pair of new 345mm rotors for $50 plus shipping if anyone wants.

Attachments

• AE8A472F-5482-41CC-A9F1-57066A7CCACE.jpeg
    AE8A472F-5482-41CC-A9F1-57066A7CCACE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 199

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Well, ordered everything today except pads. Still deciding there. Thinking Ferodo DS2500. Very excited!

SkyeC

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
18 GTI SE
Super stoked on this thread. Ran into by chance the other day.

Plan to order a set of 17x8.5 +45 RSE16s with 245/40-17s (something in the 200-300TW range, this is a weekend/track car), Macan calipers, and blank rotors from FCP Euro. I actually have a brand new set of Project Mu street/track pads leftover from an STI I tracked a couple years ago, so I can throw those right in there!

Awesome information, thanks all.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
I have all the parts for mine and will likely be installing them on Monday. I have 8mm spacers for my OZ laggera hlt.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I wonder if Porsche is seeing a big jump in these calipers being sold and thinking wtf?

Same for VW.....every time I put up a new "how to guide"......

muttered from somewhere deep in Wolfsburg...."ya dat golfdave haz ben at et again" …..