GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTT: 15mm Spacer w/ Bolts for 10mm Spacer w/ Bolts

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Long shot but why not...I have a pair of ECS 15mm hub-centric spacers with bolts. I'm looking to down size to 10mm as I think 15mm would be too aggressive for my rear wheel/tire setup once I get new tires. Let me know if anyone is looking to either trade up to 15mm or dump their 10mm spacers. Thanks!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Do you realize that the difference is less than 2 10ths of an inch?

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Do you realize that the difference is less than 2 10ths of an inch?

Yeah, I know but in some scenarios 5mm is all it takes to clear a BBK. I'm not installing a BBK so I'm purely speculating here as I haven't mounted my new tires yet but if anything, it honestly wouldn't look any worse sitting 5mm closer to the hub.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah, I know but in some scenarios 5mm is all it takes to clear a BBK. I'm not installing a BBK so I'm purely speculating here as I haven't mounted my new tires yet but if anything, it honestly wouldn't look any worse sitting 5mm closer to the hub.

It's your car so do as you wish. Just seems like a waste of time for 2 10ths of an inch. If one wheel had the 10MM and the other the 15MM I don't think you could tell the difference visually.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Beware that center bore of a 10mm spacer might not be deep enough to clear the lip on the rear hub. I tried a 12mm and it would not sit flush with the hub.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
It's your car so do as you wish. Just seems like a waste of time for 2 10ths of an inch. If one wheel had the 10MM and the other the 15MM I don't think you could tell the difference visually.

Not so much concerned with looks as I am about rubbing once I mount 235/40/18 ps4s. I guess I might as well just try first then reconsider my options. Thanks for your opinions!

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Beware that center bore of a 10mm spacer might not be deep enough to clear the lip on the rear hub. I tried a 12mm and it would not sit flush with the hub.
Interesting..wasn't even concerned about that. I'll definitely consider this now...thanks!