GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
Well, I am going to sell my parts for this setup. Just moved and we need the cash. I did verify that the so clear OZ Laggera 19x8 et45 with 8mm spacers. One issue it the loss of hub centricity. I’ll be posting in the break forum. But looking for $750 with 340mm OEM R rotors with about 500 miles on them. I also have apr 8mm spaces. Asking 25 for the spacers. I can ship anywhere in the US. Pride includes the shipping.

Attachments

• DA589B34-D143-4D56-8DBB-EDE8FAB2FD8F.jpeg
    DA589B34-D143-4D56-8DBB-EDE8FAB2FD8F.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 377

Aluizio

Ready to race!
I received the parts here in Brazil this week. I haven't installed the full setup yet (my concern now is to solve a DSG issue...), but did a test with one caliper to check wheel clearance.
OZ Leggera ET48 18x8 cleared with 10mm spacer. OEM 17" will clear with 15mm.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
These fit without any spacer.
19x8 +49 from 8V A3/S3
376B7A05-F6A1-4168-90C8-5F8873EBCD03.jpeg
9AF23746-4B3C-4950-8360-CCA86182EE98.jpeg

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

Csm_2016gti

These fit without any spacer.
19x8 +49 from 8V A3/S3
View attachment 167759View attachment 167760

Did you try any of the templates on these before mounting?
I have 8v S3 wheels for my GTI with the same specs, but they're the split spoke design.
I love the wheels and want to keep them, but the templates make me think I'm going to need roughly a 15mm spacer, which will give the front wheels a few mm of poke. I personally hate that look, so its been keeping me from pulling the trigger on this upgrade.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Okay - more noob questions. I have everything here and ready to install, BUT I don’t have a brake bleeder kit. How dangerous is it to install and drive the car without bleeding the system right after install? I was hoping to just go to a shop day after install to have the system bled.

As long as you don't need to brake you'll be just fine.

In other words - hell fucking no. Your pedal will go straight to the floor. You don't need a fancy bleeder kit to bleed your brakes, just some tubing, a bottle, and a friend.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Alrighty, bleed them on install it is.

New question - I haven’t seen these style of pins before - does the extra clip at the end need to be removed or is it supposed to be pushed in with the pins to keep them locked in?
View attachment 167975

That piece on the end is what keeps the pin in place. You tap them until flush. You use a small punch to get them out. There's also several suggestions in the thread for a pin with a cotter pin to make it easier to swap pads.

Don't take this the wrong way, as it could save your life. With the questions you're asking, it's obvious that you should NOT be installing these yourself. Please find a friend that knows what they're doing or a local shop to do the job. You are going to injure or kill yourself or others. FULL STOP, get help.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Lmao relax, I was planning on having one my buddies who actually does this stuff for a living help me with the install.

Obviously I am very new to all this - I never got to work on cars growing up, never had a garage or project car, parents and friends weren’t into wrenching. My GTI is the first car I’ve ever done real work on aside from super minor stuff on my old BMW. I do however like learning, and I’m not afraid to ask questions that make me look stupid to get the answers I need. If I’m not comfortable with something, I get help - much better than just winging it. So far, my life has worked out pretty damn well due to that. Don’t worry though, I’ll keep y’all updated of any tracks days I’m doing so you can stay far back.

Yeah, no. I won't relax. Nothing wrong with learning, but this isn't one of those jobs you should do by yourself if you don't have the skills. I'm glad your buddy can help and you'll get to learn. Just looking out for your and everyone's safety. They weren't stupid questions, but they did indicate that this wasn't a job for you to do by yourself.

And please let us know how they work for you on track and what pads you go with. I've been trying to get my hands on some SRF brake fluid for months without luck. What fluid are you planning on using?

Last edited:

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Yeah, no. I won't relax. Nothing wrong with learning, but this isn't one of those jobs you should do by yourself if you don't have the skills. I'm glad your buddy can help and you'll get to learn. Just looking out for your and everyone's safety. They weren't stupid questions, but they did indicate that this wasn't a job for you to do by yourself.

And please let us know how they work for you on track and what pads you go with. I've been trying to get my hands on some SRF brake fluid for months without luck. What fluid are you planning on using?
Alright, I don’t blame you for not “relaxing”, a better choice of words for me would’ve been “don’t worry, I’m getting professional help.” Your concern is appreciated.

I am going to use Ferodo DS2500s and Motul RBF660. I looked for the Castrol SRF on FCPEuro but seems it’s always backordered.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Alright, I don’t blame you for not “relaxing”, a better choice of words for me would’ve been “don’t worry, I’m getting professional help.” Your concern is appreciated.

I am going to use Ferodo DS2500s and Motul RBF660. I looked for the Castrol SRF on FCPEuro but seems it’s always backordered.

Sounds like a plan. ATE 200 is a good cheap alternative until you find some SRF. I've put in 2 orders in the last 6 months that never showed. A lot of people really like the DS2500, both in here and in the Subaru community. Just be sure to get some air to them if you're using them on track. Did you order RS3 air deflectors? If not, do so, it's a cheap and super effective upgrade.

BTW, what tires are you going to use on track?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Sounds like a plan. ATE 200 is a good cheap alternative until you find some SRF. I've put in 2 orders in the last 6 months that never showed. A lot of people really like the DS2500, both in here and in the Subaru community. Just be sure to get some air to them if you're using them on track. Did you order RS3 air deflectors? If not, do so, it's a cheap and super effective upgrade.

BTW, what tires are you going to use on track?
Yes ordered the RS3 deflectors from e-Acca but haven’t received them yet - I’ll have to check on my order status as it’s been a few weeks now.

I have enough left on my Conti ECS for probably two autocross days or one track session (6/10th up front, 4/10th rear) before I’ll want to replace them. Have heard good things about Hankook RS4s and Direzza ZIIIs but still deciding.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
RS4 is the best 200tw for track. It's harder to get heat into at autocross and .5 sec slower, but let's face it, you and I aren't a multi time national champs, so we're already leaving a second or 2 on course with our driving.

I'll be switching from RE71R's to RS4's for track when I wear out the 2 sets I have.