GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
A new study says 6 out of 7 have no symptoms...and mass testing in Korea was 96% negative, meaning other illness.
It's not as deadly as they would have you believe. The flu kills more people and we never quarantine.
Abortion kills more people and they fight for it. INSANITY.

You're wrong. Covid 19 has a higher R0, a higher mortality rate, is months behind the flu, and no one is immunized against the covid 19.

The flu kills 12,000 to 60,000 in the US yearly. If we took no action for covid 19 and a conservative 50% were infected, with a conservative 1% death rate, we'd have 10 times or more deaths.

If you think world governments are collapsing their economies for shits and grins, you're kidding yourself.

torga

Autocross Champion
A new study says 6 out of 7 have no symptoms...and mass testing in Korea was 96% negative, meaning other illness.
It's not as deadly as they would have you believe. The flu kills more people and we never quarantine.
We don't quarantine for flu because the effects aren't as serious. People on respirators aren't dying from COVID-19, they're dying from pneumonia because COVID-19 tricked their immune system to kill practially the entire lung lining, which now lets all the bacteria that cause pneumonia run rampant. The flu doesn't do that. People are "dying" from COVID-19 in similar says that people "die" from AIDS. All these viruses are doing is tearing down your defenses so that other, normally mild diseases can kill you.
We have vaccines for flu - we have great medication for HIV/AIDS. There is literally nothing for COVID-19; that's why this is serious.

And abortion kills more people than COVID-19? Are you kidding...? Lol abortion kills almost no one.

You're wrong. Covid 19 has a higher R0, a higher mortality rate, is months behind the flu, and no one is immunized against the covid 19.

The flu kills 12,000 to 60,000 in the US yearly. If we took no action for covid 19 and a conservative 50% were infected, with a conservative 1% death rate, we'd have 10 times or more deaths.

If you think world governments are collapsing their economies for shits and grins, you're kidding yourself.
Exactly. This situation is incredibly serious. This will have ripple effects for a long time.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie

Comments like this are exactly why there is a crisis. Because you are misinforming the public.

Asymptomatic cases are ~ 18% or 1 in 5... not 6 of 7
https://www.eurosurveillance.org/content/10.2807/1560-7917.ES.2020.25.10.2000180
Mass testing in Korea was largely negative because of quick reaction and loads of tests. They are doing more tests a day than we are and they have a population 1/6 our size. Also early testing helped to isolate those who were sick before spead.
https://www.aljazeera.com/programme...ovid-19-strategy-working-200320051718670.html
The flu as been around for a long time and most of us have an immunity. This is about 2-3 times as deadly as the flu (and thats the conservative estimate) but 10 times as contagious. Meaning if you let this run its coarse it will wipe out millions just off of % alone.

Do the right thing and stay home.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Guess now is not the time to complain about all barber shops being forced to close and I'm forced to work with messy hair? ?

riceburner

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
And the award for the most asinine comment on the internet goes to you. Congrats

I love when people call zygotes and fetuses people. On another note, God aborts even more fetuses than doctors. We should really stop that mass murdering psycho.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
....aaaaaand back on track here, who's experiencing massive lagging with zoom or other software used by your companies? What are the alternatives for online collaboration? We totally ran out of VPN ability, bridge lines overwhelmed.....zoom doesn't allow video for free accounts anymore..

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Tb, malaria, hepatitis, regular flu kills tons more people and most could care less. There is a lot of misinformation both ways, but I will just say that the death rate for COVID 19 is inline with regular flu, not the 1-3% being reported. It's just diagnosed cases are being vastly underreported. And most mortalities are in those over 70 and majority with at least 2 coexisting conditions, just like the flu.

This is nothing more than social control. It is a constrictor tightening up, then loosening just a little, but it's still a little tighter than before. And you can say tin foul hat and all that jazz, don't really care. And in all honesty, we need a tight leash to have some semblance of peace.

And back on topic. Sitting at home with 4 kids. Can't work remotely as I'm in retail and most stores are closed. Starting my garden and thinking of getting some chickens even though my HOA doesn't allow it.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
And back on topic. Sitting at home with 4 kids. Can't work remotely as I'm in retail and most stores are closed. Starting my garden and thinking of getting some chickens even though my HOA doesn't allow it.

So I've wondered about this.... If you're in retail and the store closes, like many have, is that paid time off, or are they just telling you "sorry"?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
....aaaaaand back on track here, who's experiencing massive lagging with zoom or other software used by your companies? What are the alternatives for online collaboration? We totally ran out of VPN ability, bridge lines overwhelmed.....zoom doesn't allow video for free accounts anymore..
we are... our zoom chat dropped twice on Friday. Moving to Microsoft Teams or Skype.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
We don't quarantine for flu because the effects aren't as serious. People on respirators aren't dying from COVID-19, they're dying from pneumonia because COVID-19 tricked their immune system to kill practially the entire lung lining, which now lets all the bacteria that cause pneumonia run rampant. The flu doesn't do that. People are "dying" from COVID-19 in similar says that people "die" from AIDS. All these viruses are doing is tearing down your defenses so that other, normally mild diseases can kill you.
We have vaccines for flu - we have great medication for HIV/AIDS. There is literally nothing for COVID-19; that's why this is serious.

And abortion kills more people than COVID-19? Are you kidding...? Lol abortion kills almost no one.

Exactly. This situation is incredibly serious. This will have ripple effects for a long time.

Abortion kills almost no one?

http://www.numberofabortions.com/

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
So I've wondered about this.... If you're in retail and the store closes, like many have, is that paid time off, or are they just telling you "sorry"?
I think it depends on the company. Can only speak for mine. All employees are paid full salary until end of March, which is 2 weeks. After that, it's up in the air.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
I think it depends on the company. Can only speak for mine. All employees are paid full salary until end of March, which is 2 weeks. After that, it's up in the air.
Daaaaaaang.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion

Some retail businesses have said that they will pay employees but not for how long.