GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Piggy_bee

Finally, my macan's calipers is installed. No spacer is needed for Rays G25 18*8j Et50.

After calipers changed I can feel the huge different for oem single piston's calipers, but after bedding Powerstop track's pads, I think I will switch back to EBC bluestuff NDX for better pedal feeling.

Attachments

• IMG-20200322-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20200322-WA0007.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 452
  • IMG-20200322-WA0011.jpeg
    IMG-20200322-WA0011.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 452

saddart

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally, my macan's calipers is installed. No spacer is needed for Rays G25 18*8j Et50.

After calipers changed I can feel the huge different for oem single piston's calipers, but after bedding Powerstop track's pads, I think I will switch back to EBC bluestuff NDX for better pedal feeling.
Wow what suspension are u using?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Just a set of taiwanese made monotube 3 way suspension

It's in need of some adjustment. There appears to be zero dampening of body motions going on. I would soften your low speed compression and firm up the low speed rebound until you stop bouncing down the road.

Piggy_bee

It's in need of some adjustment. There appears to be zero dampening of body motions going on. I would soften your low speed compression and firm up the low speed rebound until you stop bouncing down the road.
The rebound for shocks become soft for 60k km usage and right rear damper is starting leakage with broke dust cover. All for the shock oil seem not in condition, I am planning to rebuild these for good.

Piggy_bee

The painful moment is I got a skilled suspension technican who have a workshop in China, Crossing border is danger from virus at this moment, and I think we are not ok to do that for few months.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
The rebound for shocks become soft for 60k km usage and right rear damper is starting leakage with broke dust cover. All for the shock oil seem not in condition, I am planning to rebuild these for good.
What brand coilovers are they?

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I installed the Macan calipers on Sunday but had some issues--the hose on my decade old Motive Bleeder busted and all my brake fluid spilled out. Having consumed a few adult beverages during the install ;) I decided against running to AutoZone and instead punted the bleeding until a new Motive Bleeder and more fluid came--expected delivery today. The plus side is I'm stuck at home because of Corona Virus anyway, so I don't really need my car, and I don't think my wife wanted anything to do with pumping the brakes so I could bleed them.

Anyway, a couple follow up questions. Does it matter the bleed order of the new calipers--inner or outer first?

And is there a way to turn off the brake pad wear indicator light? My new pads don't have a plug, so I just taped off the existing sensor.

Final fitment with my 19x8.5 ET47 OZ Leggera wheels -- 1.5mm clearance on the passenger side, 1.4mm clearance on the driver side. Close......I'll keep an eye on the calipers for signs of contact before making a call on 3mm spacers.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I installed the Macan calipers on Sunday but had some issues--the hose on my decade old Motive Bleeder busted and all my brake fluid spilled out. Having consumed a few adult beverages during the install ;) I decided against running to AutoZone and instead punted the bleeding until a new Motive Bleeder and more fluid came--expected delivery today. The plus side is I'm stuck at home because of Corona Virus anyway, so I don't really need my car, and I don't think my wife wanted anything to do with pumping the brakes so I could bleed them.

Anyway, a couple follow up questions. Does it matter the bleed order of the new calipers--inner or outer first?

And is there a way to turn off the brake pad wear indicator light? My new pads don't have a plug, so I just taped off the existing sensor.

Final fitment with my 19x8.5 ET47 OZ Leggera wheels -- 1.5mm clearance on the passenger side, 1.4mm clearance on the driver side. Close......I'll keep an eye on the calipers for signs of contact before making a call on 3mm spacers.

I did outside, then inside. I don't know if it matters. My brake are firm.

You have to short the pins under that tape to turn the light off, from my understanding. Or remove the sensor from old pads, connect it and tape out of the way.

Those wheels are stiff enough you should be fine. Subarus come from factory with about that much clearance.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I did outside, then inside. I don't know if it matters. My brake are firm.

You have to short the pins under that tape to turn the light off, from my understanding. Or remove the sensor from old pads, connect it and tape out of the way.

Those wheels are stiff enough you should be fine. Subarus come from factory with about that much clearance.

Thanks, didn’t even think to cut off the sensors! I just left the plug in the bracket and taped it off.

I hedged my bets and have 3mm spacers just in case. I’d rather not use them if I don’t have too. Lots of cars are super close—Lexus LS have similar clearance as well.
BEF2724F-2040-4A1A-B628-20382A1FEE83.jpeg
885ECDAA-FDC2-4054-8AD4-D1EC223FFE64.jpeg