GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I think a lot of us are feeling the same way. I was supposed to use this, my bonus, and my tax refunds to buy tires and pay off the remainder of my GTI loan, but.... Carbon fiber mirror caps went on sale for 100 off, Eibach springs went on sale for 30 bucks off so i figured a little chunk out for those and the install hardware wouldn't hurt anything hahaha

I still have to buy the tires and alignment though
yeah i just got my tires, need konig to drop the 2020 wheels so i can get them, im thinking maybe i can squeeze coils too idn, part of me should just save it huh haha

Alfaguy

Ready to race!
Got the VCDS-Mobile out and programmed the remote window with the fob, and that pesky fake sound. Next is the rain sensor auto- close. Does anyone have the directions to do that?

Benedio

Car(s)
2019 VW Golf GTI SE
Wrapped outer B-pillar trim with matte black vinyl. Did it the other day, but it was a sunset when I installed panels back on, so took better pictures today.
1.jpg
2.jpg

ganshert

oh and I got this gforce gadget thing for christmas so hooked it up to play around. kinda cool, not sure about accuracy. it used gps to calculate all kinds of stuff. to do a hp/tq run you start in 2nd gear at 2000rpm, hit the button and floor it until you hit redline then let off the gas while still in gear until it says done.

my car is completely stock engine wise. I’m not sure if these are corrected numbers for drivetrain losses, probably are but I need to download the manual and read it.

E5901F54-DCB5-4412-8BC5-17967DFA63DF.jpeg

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
oh and I got this gforce gadget thing for christmas so hooked it up to play around. kinda cool, not sure about accuracy. it used gps to calculate all kinds of stuff. to do a hp/tq run you start in 2nd gear at 2000rpm, hit the button and floor it until you hit redline then let off the gas while still in gear until it says done.

my car is completely stock engine wise. I’m not sure if these are corrected numbers for drivetrain losses, probably are but I need to download the manual and read it.

View attachment 168763

That’s pretty close to what most stock Gti’s put down on a dyno.

dcnz

Passed Driver's Ed
Did it yesterday but installed a new turbo inlet elbow, intake pipe, and turbo muffler delete. The intake pipe was a bit too long so had to trim about an inch off it.

IMG_0604.jpeg

IMG_0610.jpeg

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Reinstalled the Crosstour 1080P front and rear dash cam that I had in the former R-Line into the GLI. This was the worst part. Double stage clips on the A-Pillars is a PAIN! Did a complete hardwire at the same time...Because clean is mean!
20200330_133413.jpg

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
0331201154_HDR.jpg

Part 7.

Clutch and rear main seal install completed. Workshop now suitably wrecked. All tools covered in various dirt and fluids, one million shop rags used, old t-shirts now must be turned into new shop rags.

Went on a 20 mile shakedown trip earlier this morning. No weird noises, nothing feels off, no oil, tranny or other fluid leaks... yet. I'll have to deliberately drive for no reason to get through the 500 mile break in period if the quarantine doesn't get lifted.

New clutch seems to work perfectly fine. Definitely harder effort than stock by about 25%. Bite point is just about in exactly the same spot, maybe a tiny bit lower.

Was this worth the savings in labor charges to diy... I honestly don't know..

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
View attachment 168883

Part 7.

Clutch install completed. Workshop now suitably wrecked. All tools covered in various dirt and fluids, one million shop rags used, old t-shirts now must be turned into new shop rags.

Went on a 20 mile shakedown trip earlier this morning. No weird noises, nothing feels off, no oil, tranny or other fluid leaks... yet. I'll have to deliberately drive for no reason to get through the 500 mile break in period if the quarantine doesn't get lifted.

New clutch seems to work perfectly fine. Definitely harder effort than stock by about 25%. Bite point is just about in exactly the same spot, maybe a tiny bit lower.

Hopefully you've got some fun roads nearby! I had no problem putting 500 miles on the car in a weekend just driving around national parks and backroads near me on nice summer days. Congrats on finishing it up, that looked like a lot of work

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
At least now you have a clutch install under your belt. So after everything, would you pay $350 for an indy to install it or DIY?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
At least now you have a clutch install under your belt. So after everything, would you pay $350 for an indy to install it or DIY?

$350? I've never once heard someone say they only paid $350 in labor for a clutch install on this car.

There's nowhere I'd trust to do it right for $350. If I thought that was possible, I'd have paid for it in a second. Anywhere reputable, around here at least charges at least double that. Most indy places a clutch + RMS could run $1000 easy and a dealership is charging $1500 afaik.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
$350? I've never once heard someone say they only paid $350 in labor for a clutch install on this car.

There's nowhere I'd trust to do it right for $350. If I thought that was possible, I'd have paid for it in a second. Anywhere reputable, around here at least charges at least double that. Most indy places a clutch + RMS could run $1000 easy and a dealership is charging $1500 afaik.
I paid $350 for my install...