GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
What issue are you having with the side markers? Mine went in fine?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
They were the same parts I think. It said KAtuning on the back. The driver side over lapped the rear part of the bumper and wouldn't snap in place. I just shaved it down so it would actually go in the freaking hole.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Hmm. I purchased these from ECS and the fit was perfect (I know there are a lot of ECS haters here, but I have yet to have any major issues with them).

Also, for those interested, this is a pic of my k04 trouble. IE said they will "see what they can do". I ordered the low profile socket head bolts just in case that's nothing.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Hmm. I purchased these from ECS and the fit was perfect (I know there are a lot of ECS haters here, but I have yet to have any major issues with them).

Also, for those interested, this is a pic of my k04 trouble. IE said they will "see what they can do". I ordered the low profile socket head bolts just in case that's nothing.
If I were in your shoes I would grind a mm or two off the head of those socket head cap screws and bolt it back to the k04. The low profile cap screws are a cleaner solution but you should never have to remove the DV adapter from the turbo again (low frequency use bolts) and there should still be plenty of depth for hex bit engagement.

My 2 cents. Either way it's a frustrating situation but you should be set by grinding or using the low profile socket heads.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
If I were in your shoes I would grind a mm or two off the head of those socket head cap screws and bolt it back to the k04. The low profile cap screws are a cleaner solution but you should never have to remove the DV adapter from the turbo again (low frequency use bolts) and there should still be plenty of depth for hex bit engagement.

My 2 cents. Either way it's a frustrating situation but you should be set by grinding or using the low profile socket heads.
Definitely another option. I'm mostly frustrated that this was so poorly machined. If you purchase products with a reputable companies brand you hope they don't screw it up so badly. Anyways, hoping they just send me a new adapter and I go on with my life, I don't need the car anytime soon.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Definitely another option. I'm mostly frustrated that this was so poorly machined. If you purchase products with a reputable companies brand you hope they don't screw it up so badly. Anyways, hoping they just send me a new adapter and I go on with my life, I don't need the car anytime soon.
IE is a shit company. Be lucky you didn't get screwed out of $15k like my friend did. They've completely washed their hands with it and won't respond despite obvious proof that they were in the wrong. Their machining is a joke, after IE stopped responding he sent it to pag parts which is a reputable builder for this platform and he confirmed their "performance valve job" was nothing special. Their machining on the seal area was a joke, looked like it was wire wheeled instead of machined properly.

Plenty more proof and pics here, also the child like behavior of IE through the entire process. Do yourselves a favor and don't buy from them to avoid getting ripped off.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/38990...5171&anchor_composer=false&ref=content_filter
Here's what IE delivered vs what it should look like....

IE wirebrush hack job
received_236758137712751.jpeg

Vs pag parts proper machining
received_218381759375737.jpeg

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
IE is a shit company. Be lucky you didn't get screwed out of $15k like my friend did. They've completely washed their hands with it and won't respond despite obvious proof that they were in the wrong. Their machining is a joke, after IE stopped responding he sent it to pag parts which is a reputable builder for this platform and he confirmed their "performance valve job" was nothing special. Their machining on the seal area was a joke, looked like it was wire wheeled instead of machined properly.

Plenty more proof and pics here, also the child like behavior of IE through the entire process. Do yourselves a favor and don't buy from them to avoid getting ripped off.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/38990...5171&anchor_composer=false&ref=content_filter

IE wirebrush hack job
View attachment 168884

Vs pag parts proper machining View attachment 168885
I watched this drama unfold on the book. Not a good look at ll.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

IE wirebrush hack job
View attachment 168884

Vs pag parts proper machining
WOoooooooooooooooooooow. I have rebuilt alot of LS motors, where we used a hone and shit for cylinder walls etc and this is awful. Someone literally put a wirebrush attachment on a drill and went to town. Ridiculous

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
WOoooooooooooooooooooow. I have rebuilt alot of LS motors, where we used a hone and shit for cylinder walls etc and this is awful. Someone literally put a wirebrush attachment on a drill and went to town. Ridiculous
Yep. Not to mention the shit block they sent him that was completely rusted and looking like a hot mess. All of the pics are posted on that FB group. I hope they go out of business, that's completely unacceptable to outright lie about what they are delivering.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Wow yea that's a shitty looking head lol. This place I worked at was pretty honest. But I will admit that a few times I was instructed to put a different cam in an engine because we didn't have/couldn't wait for the correct one. That and I almost lost my shit one time when I was told to put the incorrect cat back on a vehicle. They blamed it on the car owner being a dumb ass bc they told them they had the wrong exhaust system. Other than that yea... we did a lot of "porting" in house. And we laughed that other "famous" guys on the forums were charging astronomical amounts for throttle bodies and such. Even some really reputable shops pull a few tricks every now and then.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Wow yea that's a shitty looking head lol. This place I worked at was pretty honest. But I will admit that a few times I was instructed to put a different cam in an engine because we didn't have/couldn't wait for the correct one. That and I almost lost my shit one time when I was told to put the incorrect cat back on a vehicle. They blamed it on the car owner being a dumb ass bc they told them they had the wrong exhaust system. Other than that yea... we did a lot of "porting" in house. And we laughed that other "famous" guys on the forums were charging astronomical amounts for throttle bodies and such. Even some really reputable shops pull a few tricks every now and then.

I would be pissed if asked to do that too!!! Yeah that's why I like doing my own work and will travel to go to a reputable shop.

Well I'll add IE to my questionable company list. I have had to deal with Unitronic and APR and they both have been great.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
The kit seems to be missing an m14 crush washer as well, so I've ordered one from the dealer. :cautious: