GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

krokusstraat9

Today (yesterday really), I removed and cleaned behind the wheel arch liner front passenger side. Removed the mud, cleaned the bodywork inside. Sanded and repainted my splashshield and shock and painted my caliper and bracket Graphite grey. The rust is quite bad on the suspension components - I think I'll have to replace most parts to achieve a clean look again. Mind you it has done 124k..... Also, noted the 2x foam sound pads holding water even though the car is kept in a heated garage and has not been driven for over a week and I haven't blasted water under the arches.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Today (yesterday really), I removed and cleaned behind the wheel arch liner front passenger side. Removed the mud, cleaned the bodywork inside. Sanded and repainted my splashshield and shock and painted my caliper and bracket Graphite grey. The rust is quite bad on the suspension components - I think I'll have to replace most parts to achieve a clean look again. Mind you it has done 124k..... Also, noted the 2x foam sound pads holding water even though the car is kept in a heated garage and has not been driven for over a week and I haven't blasted water under the arches.
Yeah I recently found those front pads wet with debris and leaves. When will VW learn

smanierre

Autocross Champion
There's more evidence of their wrong doing coming in daily. They responded very child like and almost mocking him that they got all his money and then went back and deleted comments.
I watched this go down in there also and while i've had no issues with IE in the past customer service wise and their parts i've gotten have been great, definitely not gonna be buying from them in the future after this.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I was going to go with IE for the turbo inlet pipe on my mk7 but to hell with them ill go CTS or APR.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
It’s April!! Time to bring out the summer wheels and tires!!
2AB44595-19E5-4FBB-A712-04E52B3B965B.jpeg

smanierre

Autocross Champion
It’s April!! Time to bring out the summer wheels and tires!!
View attachment 168968
Hell Yeah! I'm going today to look at some tires. Someone is selling a used set of Indy 500s in the size I want for $150. Even if I only get one season out of them it'll be worth it. Hopefully getting them mounted tomorrow or Friday and doing the BBK this weekend.

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
Took the car for a run and take some new pics with the bags on now

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Took the car for a run and take some new pics with the bags on now
Also took mine out for a run today after I finished work. Took a couple pics but not many, not so nice with winter steelies still on and dirty car.
0BC62F84-C35A-449E-8BDA-71CF64F567BB.jpeg

Took the time today as well to order misc tools and equipment to start working on my car and doing regular maintenance

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Got my tires mounted today and the small bend in one of my wheels fixed today. Either starting tomorrow night or on saturday with the bbk install, depending on whether or not my friends garage is available.

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Got my tires mounted today and the small bend in one of my wheels fixed today. Either starting tomorrow night or on saturday with the bbk install, depending on whether or not my friends garage is available.
What are you going with for the BBK?

smanierre

Autocross Champion

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
18z front and rear kit from rotorlab with mk5 r32 rear calipers for the parking brake

Seems like a big ol parking brake to me lol

I'm not familiar with the two-caliper setup on the rear brakes and google isn't my friend. Why is it necessary? seems like it's just more weight ?‍♂️

torga

Autocross Champion
Seems like a big ol parking brake to me lol

I'm not familiar with the two-caliper setup on the rear brakes and google isn't my friend. Why is it necessary? seems like it's just more weight ?‍♂️
It's necessary for drift cars, because you want your e-brake hydraulic circuit separate from the main circuit (pedal). Not really sure of other reasons.