GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is38 replica on mk7

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It may be fine, it may not. But do you really want to risk it just to save a couple hundred dollars? You can buy a brand new IHI IS38, with a good lifetime warranty, for $1k from FCP. Why risk it with a Chinese replica?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Wait, an IS38 is only $1000? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Im wondering if anyone have ever tried the is38 replica from chinese manufacturers?
it seems tohave a good price.

I personally wouldn't risk it. WHo knows how well these things are balanced if at all and how many corners were cut. It could be just fine, but do you want to gamble with your car on it?

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
This sounds like the worst idea ever. Chinese aero/body parts..yeah ok they may or may not fit right but thats the worst of it. Questionable quality part that is critical to your car running right? lol.

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
35% (or more?) chance OEM ones are made in China

made up number but sentiment is true
Irelevant...

There is a huge difference between something made in a Chinese factory producing American/German engineered goods to American/German specifications and quality control and something made in a Chinese factory specializing in counterfeit products.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Can you imagine how cheap these turbos are if they are still so affordable after china paid all the tariffs on them?

The fact is:
China/Taiwan/Korea have some very very advanced automation machines. They can and do build quality parts. The price point is cheaper because of automation. They can spit out volume and high quality. They likely save because they don't pay their workers as much and their workers don't demand as much. That's a cultural thing that has nothing to do with the quality. There are shitty things that come out of China, just like there are shitty things that come out of the US. China doesn't automatically mean bad.

The Pontiac Aztek is an American car. I rest my case.