GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Seems like a big ol parking brake to me lol

I'm not familiar with the two-caliper setup on the rear brakes and google isn't my friend. Why is it necessary? seems like it's just more weight ?‍♂️
It is just a big parking brake, but because of the placement of the main rear caliper, it can't function as a parking brake so without these ones I wouldn't have one. There are definitely lighter options out there and if I planned on being good enough at driving where the weight would make a difference i'd do that but for now it's fine. Also as uglybastard said, looks cool:cool:

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Didn't today but will TOMORROW. Off go the winters (barely even put them to use with the mild winter) and on the summers. I think this might be my last summer with my Michellin Pilot SS. They did wear rather quickly but I believe this will be my 4th (losing track) summer with them. You might think oh damn, 4th summer, but I honestly don't drive the car enough to imagine them wearing that quick since I work close to home.

Oh well, still glad to get the Detroits off. They don't look good. Picked em up cheap on Craigslist years ago. They were badly curb rashed/scratched, and sprayed black. I figure I could do whatever with them and experiment since they were only for the winter. I plasti dipped them bronze. They turned out pretty good at the time, but after I don't know, 5 winters with them, the plasti dip is finally starting to peel around the edge of the rims (probably because of the 2 different sets of winters I had mounted on them).

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
It is just a big parking brake, but because of the placement of the main rear caliper, it can't function as a parking brake so without these ones I wouldn't have one. There are definitely lighter options out there and if I planned on being good enough at driving where the weight would make a difference i'd do that but for now it's fine. Also as uglybastard said, looks cool:cool:

No hate man, just bantz (y) No doubt it's going to look awesome. Excited for you

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
USPmotorsports sent me the pipe without any of the couplers or clamps pictured on their site.

1586008894703.png

I dont understand why people cant do their fucking jobs, how hard is it to pack a fucking box? Oh but I got gummy bears and stickers wow thanks so much. Last order I ever put in with USPmotorsports. Another shitty vendor to put on my avoid list.

Last edited:

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Also called them and their customer service just connects you to a full voicemail box. Shit company.

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
20200404_163356.jpg

Integrated my air suspension controller into the center console 😎

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Progress update. No pictures for anyone that doesn't follow me on instagram 😘. Got the fronts on pretty easily which was nice. I got some 10mm spacers sent up from my dad which were on in that picture in the other thread and they just barely fit with those, so i'll probably need my fenders pulled. However, the spacers have this weird angle on them so my wheels won't fit on with the hubcentric rings, which I think is going to be an issue.

The upper triple square on the rear caliper carrier were a massive bitch due to the clearance with the upper control arm or whatever that thing is. Ended up having to put a wrench over the end of a 3/8" ratchet and busting them like that. After that though it went pretty smooth, got the new brackets and calipers on easily and the oem caliper carriers. I need to go out and grab the tool to push the pistons back in on the carriers as they won't fit over the new pads. I also noticed that the crossover tube on one of the rear calipers is on the top instead of the bottom. Gonna call the guy I got them from tonight/tomorrow and see if I can just swap them around instead of having to wait to get a new one or something. It bolted up fine so I think the caliper is the same as the other side and just swapping the sides of the bleeding screws and tube will work fine.

After I get the parking brake calipers on tomorrow, gonna grab my friends vagcom to blast the abs while i'm bleeding the brakes. Once i'm done i'll make a post with before and after pictures and all that shit.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Tire/rim switchover, oil change with Liqui Molygen, coolant flush, and apparently allowed within 10 feet of a taped off quarantined play structure
2C6053ED-B1BE-4FA1-B234-EC5CE6A11E68.jpeg

6B70F086-E078-4C16-AD30-5E9BB40F7656.jpeg

torga

Autocross Champion
Painted my ARM FMIC with satin black radiator paint yesterday - two thin coats and it's completely covered. Waiting on some silicone end caps I ordered to cap off my stock IC. I planned on deleting it, but I'm not going to have a lot of space to store it pretty soon, so it'll just stay put.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Went ahead and just got my own couplers because I doubt USP is gonna fix the issue. Anyway it's in, good fitment.

Attachments

• 20200404_134229.jpg
    20200404_134229.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 91
  • 20200404_152658.jpg
    20200404_152658.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 96
  • 20200404_152706.jpg
    20200404_152706.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 89
  • 20200404_152714.jpg
    20200404_152714.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 89

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I got the K04 mounted in yesterday. I'm waiting to receive an M14 crush washer to attach the coolant return to the turbo. Thankfully the IE package included the thick crush washer, which is apparently impossible to source. I'm also going to wait to get the new timing chain tensioner (which should arrive tomorrow) before putting everything back together.

One question i have is how do companies state that you can put a turbo blanket on wit the turbo still on the car. What a fucking nightmare that would be. Having the turbo blanket on while installing the k04 was big enough bitch, but the idea of trying to get that on the turbo without removing is mind boggling to me.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Mostly finished everything up today. I couldn't push back the parking brake caliper piston enough so right now I just have the caliper mounted with no pads in there. I'm just parking it in gear and avoiding parking on inclines. The geniuses at auto zone gave me a caliper tool that was missing pieces so I could only push back the caliper with my huge muscles instead of using science or some shit. I got a replacement kit though so i'll do that whenever I feel like jacking the car up again. On the first brake, one of the bleeding nipples was clogged so I had to take a tooth pick to punch it out then blow through it, brake fluid takes like shit btw. After that the bleeding went smoothly, did my clutch too just because. The pedal is definitely softer than before and I did my best to bed the brakes but it was hard with not many straight aways and a lot of traffic. Basically getting to 60 on every small straight on back roads and slamming the brakes before I went into a tree. Once they get a bit more broken in i'll decide if I need a master cylinder upgrade to improve the feel. And now for pics, the 10mm and 6mm spacers front and rear really make it look thiccccc, along with the 255 tires, I love it. I'll try and get some pictures head on in the next few days to really show off the meat.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I got the K04 mounted in yesterday. I'm waiting to receive an M14 crush washer to attach the coolant return to the turbo. Thankfully the IE package included the thick crush washer, which is apparently impossible to source. I'm also going to wait to get the new timing chain tensioner (which should arrive tomorrow) before putting everything back together.

One question i have is how do companies state that you can put a turbo blanket on wit the turbo still on the car. What a fucking nightmare that would be. Having the turbo blanket on while installing the k04 was big enough bitch, but the idea of trying to get that on the turbo without removing is mind boggling to me.
It's difficult, I did it once with the turbo still on the car. Not something I want to do again, so much that Ive had a turbo blanket for my own car for almost 2 years that still isn't installed.

Mostly finished everything up today. I couldn't push back the parking brake caliper piston enough so right now I just have the caliper mounted with no pads in there. I'm just parking it in gear and avoiding parking on inclines. The geniuses at auto zone gave me a caliper tool that was missing pieces so I could only push back the caliper with my huge muscles instead of using science or some shit. I got a replacement kit though so i'll do that whenever I feel like jacking the car up again. On the first brake, one of the bleeding nipples was clogged so I had to take a tooth pick to punch it out then blow through it, brake fluid takes like shit btw. After that the bleeding went smoothly, did my clutch too just because. The pedal is definitely softer than before and I did my best to bed the brakes but it was hard with not many straight aways and a lot of traffic. Basically getting to 60 on every small straight on back roads and slamming the brakes before I went into a tree. Once they get a bit more broken in i'll decide if I need a master cylinder upgrade to improve the feel. And now for pics, the 10mm and 6mm spacers front and rear really make it look thiccccc, along with the 255 tires, I love it. I'll try and get some pictures head on in the next few days to really show off the meat.

Nice