GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I must be lucky. When my wastegate actuator started failing and got an epc. Told the wife I could get it fixed for cheap or use this opportunity to get a bigger turbo. She said go for the new turbo or even better, just get a Golf R since 0% financing. Of course that's not going to happen, but it's the intention.

Wow what a wife. You're obviously doing something right.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Absolutely. Thankfully she's not buying Louboutins every other week. But I get her stuff, too, so it's all good.
3M makes adhesives to fit the sole of the louboutins. I got some for my wife recently when i got her some new boots for christmas. Stick them on carefully, then trim with an exacto knife or beard scissors, and press out any bubbles. Now the bottom doesn't scuff and wear out so quickly, even when she walked through a bunch of rocks in them, lol. best 15$ investment for a 1700$ shoe...

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
3M makes adhesives to fit the sole of the louboutins. I got some for my wife recently when i got her some new boots for christmas. Stick them on carefully, then trim with an exacto knife or beard scissors, and press out any bubbles. Now the bottom doesn't scuff and wear out so quickly, even when she walked through a bunch of rocks in them, lol. best 15$ investment for a 1700$ shoe...

My wife needs to buy Louboutins first.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I agree. Thankfully my wife can see the distinction, even if she doesn't always jump up and down from excitement when I put new mods on my car.
my fiance just bought a tory burtch purse and shoes. Funny me was like why??!!!! but also, I bought a cat back exhaust, side skirts, and hatch pop kit (most of which she doesn't know about) so im sure feelings are the same haha

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
my fiance just bought a tory burtch purse and shoes. Funny me was like why??!!!! but also, I bought a cat back exhaust, side skirts, and hatch pop kit (most of which she doesn't know about) so im sure feelings are the same haha

Just tell her about the hatch pop kit. It's a safety issue, after all. (My wife jumps away every time I pop the hatch.) :)

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
So EQT tech support are being adamant about using NGK race plugs for $40 a pop on a stage 2 car. My question is: do spark plugs have a break in period? Say I install the Brisks and get some knock; should I replace them right away or wait to see if they "break in"?