GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FML, wrenching today turned out bad

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
That is officially known as the definition of insanity.

What is reasonably upsetting for me, the OP, is that this is an easy mod. Very easy.

I guess the fact that I didn't feel safe crawling under the car on a shakey surface and Harbor Freight jack stands, cost me some $$$...uggh!
And being a twit....

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Took a look under my car today and appreciate you bringing this up, my belt was uncomfortably aligned with a spring clip, so I rotated it some.

Holy smokes, didn't pay too close attention to the clip when I took my first look to see what went wrong, time to head back out. Good catch.

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
Good read and heads up.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

thxrick

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 BMW X4MC, 2016

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I've been debating doing this myself to try and stop wheel hop at launch. Now I'll just wait until i have it at the shop for something.

The dogbone is great....I had wheelhop so bad my whole car felt like it was coming apart! I had the luxury of a lift which made it a 20 minute job

jmsanders

Passed Driver's Ed
Reviving the thread cause my dumbass did the same thing as OP. Now I likely busted the same CTS. So question is should I take it to a VW shop, dealer or somewhere else.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Reviving the thread cause my dumbass did the same thing as OP. Now I likely busted the same CTS. So question is should I take it to a VW shop, dealer or somewhere else.
nice use of search and why not DIY? Yeah I know 1st try failed but you prob need new tools...perfect excuse.

jmsanders

Passed Driver's Ed
So I just got it fixed this morning. I absolutely melted that elbow and it looks like that's the extent of the damage. So I just need to find the PN and I'll DIY.

Pics below of it pissing out coolant. SMH

Attachments

• 52CD51E1-DB2D-48B0-8A0B-8F5DE0BD7875.jpeg
    52CD51E1-DB2D-48B0-8A0B-8F5DE0BD7875.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
  • 0F70E107-52B1-4C54-A7F9-65EC57154D38.jpeg
    0F70E107-52B1-4C54-A7F9-65EC57154D38.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 113