GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0606 caused by loose ground terminal?

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
the fun never ends...got my car back from the shop that fixed the front right fender after my daughter hit the zero button on my air suspension on the hwy (looks beautiful btw).

Driving for a week and all the sudden I throw a P0606 (ECM). Now, I remember when I picked it up, the guy said my negative terminal was a lil loose despite cranking it all the way down. My plan is to lift the hood and take a look and if needed, replace the terminal.

Could a loose ground terminal cause a P0606?

I love this car but the never ending CEL and codes are really driving me nuts.

Lemme know and thanks!

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Never even heard of that code before lol. I mean I worked on german cars forever and they didn't follow the protocol. I wasn't well versed in standard fault codes. To answer your question, maybe??? Probably not tho

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
Well the neg terminal was super loose. Looks like it was stripped. Put a nut and bolt combo on there. Very tight now. Will run the car tomorrow and see if it happens again. Wonder if there are other things I should look for with my odbeleven scan tool to see if it could be a faulty ECM?

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
And I saw thi on another forum...fingers crossed that is all it is...

"States that the issue might be low voltage, check alternator, battery and battery fuse box wiring and fuses."