GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Got the ole HF buffer out. Did some dings. Came out good. Took a pic of the b-pillars before and after:

Nice try, clearly you generated this in MS Paint

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I unclipped the harness under the rain cowl and put a ziploc bag and rubber band around it so it doesnt short out from getting wet. Must have done that some 50k mi ago.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I didn't cover mine but I plan to when I pull the ECU here in the next month or two.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car sounds better with the soundaktor disconnected. You can hear more turbo noise. You can disconnect it by hand under the rain cowl or disable it in VCDS if you ever feel like giving it a try.

Idk who can fit their hand in there. I don't even have large hands and it's a tight fit. I ended up just removing the cowling.

Did you use a regular cotton polishing pad for that? Looks like it in the reflection. I have done my paint twice but neglected my b pillars. I'd like to do the glass too.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Yup just a plain old Terry cloth that snaps over the foam. Only took a few seconds to get the b pillars like that. I got some scuffs out of my driver side door too but didn't really take any pics.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Still feeling crummy, but managed to put in a little work. I finished reinstalling the brakes on the passenger side and disassembled the driver’s side. One more push and it’ll be back together.
You’ve got this Jeff Goldblum, hope ya feel better soon man

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Still feeling crummy, but managed to put in a little work. I finished reinstalling the brakes on the passenger side and disassembled the driver’s side. One more push and it’ll be back together.
Im pretty sure you got the Corona homie

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Idk who can fit their hand in there. I don't even have large hands and it's a tight fit. I ended up just removing the cowling.

I ended up with a bruised hand for a few days after doing mine the "stuff it in there and hope you can wiggle it" method

Did you use a regular cotton polishing pad for that? Looks like it in the reflection. I have done my paint twice but neglected my b pillars. I'd like to do the glass too.
Yup just a plain old Terry cloth that snaps over the foam. Only took a few seconds to get the b pillars like that. I got some scuffs out of my driver side door too but didn't really take any pics.

Y'all ever messed around with DA polishing? I bought the stuff to do it back last year, wanted to do it to the Saab before selling it, and never got around to it. There's a couple of scuffs/marks I could probably take out.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I do a two day detail on mine once a year. Polish is one of the MANY steps. Why? Do you have questions?