GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Before you go Stage 1 though, make sure you confirm the car doesn't already have a tune in it. There's always a chance previous owner already tuned it.

Trav_R

Car(s)
2016 Golf R
If you do not have a cushion to upgrade the clutch on top of the cost of the tune, do not go stage 1. Its a flip of the coin that you will slip or not, and a clutch job aint cheap. Dip your toes with a piggyback and see if your pressure plate can hold the power. Mine couldnt even hold a Neuspeed power bump, but as soon as I removed it the clutch would stop slipping.
Thanks for the info! I will most likely do the clutch if it starts to slip right away, any recommendations to a good clutch with a daily stock feel

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Thanks for the info! I will most likely do the clutch if it starts to slip right away, any recommendations to a good clutch with a daily stock feel
For stage 1 look into the Sachs kits with the dual mass flywheel. Search via google for “mk7 sachs clutch replacement” or similar and you’ll get tons of literature. You dont need to go for more aggressive single mass clutch kits if you are only doing stage 1

eajr

Go Kart Champion
For stage 1 look into the Sachs kits with the dual mass flywheel. Search via google for “mk7 sachs clutch replacement” or similar and you’ll get tons of literature. You dont need to go for more aggressive single mass clutch kits if you are only doing stage 1
He's only planning on going stage 1. For now.....

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I was Stage 2 for 40k miles before upgrading my clutch.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
It won't last. My clutch didn't last more than 3k miles after I tuned it. I thought I could have gotten more out of it but that didn't happen. I only had 11.5k miles on the car when it went out too.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

MadSc13ntist

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2013 GTI
Subbing. I want to hear how they check for previous tunes also. Just got a 20130 GTI myself and ready to start pumping it full of goodies.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I was Stage 2 for 40k miles before upgrading my clutch.

I did 30K kms on my daily-driven ED S2 Mk7 GTI and I had some slippage, so I know where you're coming from.

It really depends on how you drive.