GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 Golf R 8 revealed.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Still appears to be running the single piston floaters. Wonder why there were testing one two piston floaters? Not a huge deal, but maybe they just pulled Mk5 R32 calipers for testing.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
It's still disguised a little bit. It's got those ugly additions going through that ginormous bumper grill still.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Hey, not bad! This might be the most aggressive looking Golf ever.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Yeah rear end looks good but the front just does not do it for me.
But hey, bring it to me in Reflex Silver and we may just have a deal...

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Its those damned droopy headlights and a hood with no features. It makes the front end look like a caveman with a big old hump over the headlight line. On the rear I wish the spoiler had the clubsport style where there’s no center support, would look way cooler

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Looks pretty sharp, I could see this growing on me with the exception of the rear bumper visually jutting out so much. I thought it was some type of illusion at first. The overall shape looks very Mazda 3-ish. I could certainly get past that though.

Attachments

• dragging-ass.jpg
    dragging-ass.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 759

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
It's still disguised a little bit. It's got those ugly additions going through that ginormous bumper grill still.
Yes, those wide body coloured diagonally angled sections that split the lower grille into three parts are fake.

IMO it’s likely that the final production version of mk8 R’s front bumper and lower grille will be very similar to the one on the T-Roc R at the link below;

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com...dells-4672/specific-distinctive-r-design-4674

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
@greekspec2; that’s an R-Line, which is an R wannabe or imitator.

The R-Line model in the UK in the outgoing mk7.5 Golf model range had similar looks to the R, but much less power - engine choices were a 1.5 litre 150ps petrol engine or two diesel options - 1.6 115ps and 2.0 litre 150ps.

We got a sneak peek earlier this year of what appears to be the the front end of the mk8 R in the picture in post #5 in the thread at the link below - the R is on the far right of the picture;

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/2020-golf-r-8-spotted.371510/

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
I'm sorry to everyone who likes to poop on the Mark 8, but I really, really like this look.

The back is freaking awesome. I like how the bottom juts out more, and that sweet wing too. It's a great look.

The front is much more droopy than the Mark 7, but It's also not that bad looking. Hate me if you want, but those two panels that are bolted on kind of bring the front together. +1 for me of they end up influencing some kind of final design element.

Also, I wonder how many of these leaked shots so far are potential mules for that rumored R+. It's still not approved for production, but Diess was supposedly all for it, so maybe there is hope there.

Either way, this might be my replacement in a few years.

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
It looks fine to me and more horsepower and torque is a good thing.

But I know it's gonna be filled with touch screen everything. I'm so dead against touchscreen interfaces in a car - it's dangerous if you have to take your eyes off the road for any reason in a car these days and, if you can't feel for the right button by touch (you can't do that on a touchscreen) but have to look to make sure you touch the right one, that's just headed in the wrong direction.

So good looking car I wouldn't buy if the touchscreen is king.