GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

vw671

Autocross Newbie
I'm considering this turbo, but am unclear regarding what I need for fuel system support. I'm sure that has been asked/answered many times but this thread is now 132 pages long. Maybe we can get an FAQ posted on page 1?

On the EQT site, they show 2 fuel pump options: Walbro low pressure fuel pump kit and an Autotech high pressure internals kit. Can I run just one or the other for E30? I'm guessing I'd need both for full E85.

Thanks.

You'll need both HPFP+LPFP to run E30-48. If you want to run full E85 then you'll need MPI+LPFP.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hey guys, we're getting the next batch of turbos in end of this week. Most are spoken for, but it looks like we finally have a few available that will be in stock and ready to ship. If you want one quickly, this is the time to order!

Thanks
-- Ed

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Hey guys, we're getting the next batch of turbos in end of this week. Most are spoken for, but it looks like we finally have a few available that will be in stock and ready to ship. If you want one quickly, this is the time to order!

Thanks
-- Ed
Well, they’ll be all gone now ??‍♂️

Cmazzgli35

Car(s)
2019 gli 35th year
Then we just get more :D

Our supplier has ramped up production so wait times shouldn't be as bad moving forward.

-- Ed
Hey I just ordered a turbo a few days ago curious how long I should expect to wait. Was hoping to do the swap over the weekend. Thanks

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
1593888335231.png

Due to popular demand, we decided to do something special for this holiday weekend. Let's "Boost Your Independence" with EQT goodies for your car!

--------------------------------------

First, we have a couple long awaited new releases, and of course a nice sale to to go with it.

- We're releasing our E30 Stage 1 and Stage 2 Staged tunes for 2015-2018 GTI. These are staged tunes that you flash and enjoy with a 30% ethanol mix. Enjoy a 20-30whp gain over our pump gas tunes, all on the stock fuel system.

- We're also releasing our new DSG Staged Tune for the 7 Speed DSG (DQ381) for 2018-2019 Golf R. This has a slew of improvements including refinements of shift schedule, shift times, clutch slip reduction, launch control, etc.

For the sale, hard parts discounts are marked and tuning discounts are automatically applied at checkout. The sale will be live through July 5th. Here are the hot items:

- Free EQT ECU/TCU Staged Tune with VW/Audi Cobb AccessPort or DSG Upgrade Purchase!

- $200 Off EQT Vortex and Vortex XL MQB Turbo!

- $50-$100 Off Ecutek Programming Kits and Licenses for VW/Audi/Supra!

- 15% Off all EQT Staged and Custom Tunes for VW/Audi/Supra!

- Free Swag with every order!

One caveat to this fun. Supplies of AccessPorts and Turbos are extremely limited. We are likely to run out of stock quickly. We have orders in place, but do not expect immediate shipment.

https://eqtuning.com/collections/sale-items

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
View attachment 178677

Due to popular demand, we decided to do something special for this holiday weekend. Let's "Boost Your Independence" with EQT goodies for your car!

First, we have a couple long awaited new releases, and of course a nice sale to to go with it.

- We're releasing our E30 Stage 1 and Stage 2 Staged tunes for 2015-2018 GTI. These are staged tunes that you flash and enjoy with a 30% ethanol mix. Enjoy a 20-30whp gain over our pump gas tunes, all on the stock fuel system.

- We're also releasing our new DSG Staged Tune for the 7 Speed DSG (DQ381) for 2018-2019 Golf R. This has a slew of improvements including refinements of shift schedule, shift times, clutch slip reduction, launch control, etc.

For the sale, hard parts discounts are marked and tuning discounts are automatically applied at checkout. The sale will be live through July 5th. Here are the hot items:

- Free EQT ECU/TCU Staged Tune with VW/Audi Cobb AccessPort or DSG Upgrade Purchase!

- $200 Off EQT Vortex and Vortex XL MQB Turbo!

- $50-$100 Off Ecutek Programming Kits and Licenses for VW/Audi/Supra!

- 15% Off all EQT Staged and Custom Tunes for VW/Audi/Supra!

- Free Swag with every order!

One caveat to this fun. Supplies of AccessPorts and Turbos are extremely limited. We are likely to run out of stock quickly. We have orders in place, but do not expect immediate shipment.

https://eqtuning.com/collections/sale-items

Think Ed has starting drinking already...

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
We already had a COVID-19 sale. Can't say for certain whether there will be another COVID-19 sale, or if he's going to wait until November. The Boost your Independence sale was a surprise to us as well. He's very good at that :p

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Oh wow. I just put my stage 2 tune in on Monday. Now E30 is available? There's somewhere on the site to order it for existing customers? I'll go look now. Yay

Edit: found it. Order placed.

I only wish I'd waited an extra 12 days to place my original accessport plus stage 2 map so as to have saved some $. There's always a sale after I buy something. Oh well. Whattayagonnado

Last edited:

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Oh wow. I just put my stage 2 tune in on Monday. Now E30 is available? There's somewhere on the site to order it for existing customers? I'll go look now. Yay

Edit: found it. Order placed.

I only wish I'd waited an extra 12 days to place my original accessport plus stage 2 map so as to have saved some $. There's always a sale after I buy something. Oh well. Whattayagonnado

If you ordered this weekend, you’d be waiting a while.

We already sold out of the 40 AP’s we have on order. We’ll order more ASAP, but even Cobb is on a bit it a back order now!

— Ed