GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Turns out they were the wrong wheel bearings. VW made two revisions, @MrFancypants pointed that out to me that it might correlate with the rear brake revision. I'm officially done with FCP, they don't list the variance on their website and are making me pay shipping to return them. This is the 3rd order in a row that they have messed up at my expense.

Sucks that I don't have more time, would have liked to order non oem, but have no choice. Dealer cost is $210 each. Woof.

torga

Autocross Champion
Damn, that is incredibly annoying. I've never seen that information anywhere!

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Turns out they were the wrong wheel bearings. VW made two revisions, @MrFancypants pointed that out to me that it might correlate with the rear brake revision. I'm officially done with FCP, they don't list the variance on their website and are making me pay shipping to return them. This is the 3rd order in a row that they have messed up at my expense.

Sucks that I don't have more time, would have liked to order non oem, but have no choice. Dealer cost is $210 each. Woof.

Tell em you work for dealer X down the street lol. Get that player price

jay745

Damn, that is incredibly annoying. I've never seen that information anywhere!
Seriously. None of these parts sites list the variances. Super annoying.
Tell em you work for dealer X down the street lol. Get that player price
I actually do have a "hook up" and that's the $210 price. List is $280 - Each!

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie

That’s some serious bulls**t. The least they could’ve done was cover the return shipping. Instead they went cheap and lost a customer.

jay745

Damn.
Just FYI, even if it isn't listed on the UroTuning site, we can more than likely get it for you (at least as far as OEM parts go, this applies to Audi, VW, BMW, Porsche, and Mercedes I believe). Next time you've got an issue like this let me know.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

Conf calls all day at work but I didn't have to present anything so I put my phone on speaker/mute and went to the garage to put everything back together. Went for a quick drive, no more clunks. Officially ready for this weekend.

jay745

Welp, two back to back track weekends, last weekend at Grattan was an absolute blast. Came within .03 of my PB there, car was great, track was great. This weekend went to Gingerman and couldn't really pull it together. The track was slippery in the morning sessions, towards the afternoon once I was feeling the flow after not driving that track in 3 years, managed to put down a 1:44.3 and then my charge pipe blew off. I took the wheel and fender liner off, the clamp failed on the top of the turbo outlet pipe where it connects to the silicon. I managed to get the clamp back on but was sure it was going to pop off again so I decided to sit out the last 2 sessions and start drinking a 4th of July beer early. I wanted to be able to get home so I just babied it and stayed out of boost.

Had some real temp issues too at Gingerman which is disappointing. I think the oil cooler I got is too small, It's a setrab 16 row, I think I should have a 25 row. Sigh. Looks like I'll have a near brand new oil cooler for sale soon. I"m going to order a 25 row this weekend but want to measure it first and make sure I'll have room under my bumper.

20200704_124441.jpg

jay745

I got "kind of" scolded at Gingerman for only having a front tow hook and not a rear so I dug my oem tow hook out of a box to put it on, I just leave the front one on despite some criticism from others who only put it on for track days... Meh, it's a Rennline hook that looks nice and considering I pretty much only drive it for track. Anywho the oem tow hook was a bit rusty so I shot it with some yellow spray paint. RICER STATUS ACHIEVED LOL. Worst part is I kind of like it... Debating painting it black though still.

20200715_124219.jpg

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Back when I raced I was told by an old timer to always have something the tech inspectors can easily find & I can easily fix. When I asked why he said, "Makes them feel important". :LOL:

I like the high visibility tow hook you have there. I hope if they have to use it to tow you out that they are wearing gloves. That pipes gonna be hella hot.

jay745

Back when I raced I was told by an old timer to always have something the tech inspectors can easily find & I can easily fix. When I asked why he said, "Makes them feel important". :LOL:

I like the high visibility tow hook you have there. I hope if they have to use it to tow you out that they are wearing gloves. That pipes gonna be hella hot.
That's why I painted it yellow in the first place, otherwise it just blends into the valance. The angle on the pic is bad, the tow hook sticks out much further than the exhaust, there's little chance they'd touch the exhaust by accident.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I got "kind of" scolded at Gingerman for only having a front tow hook and not a rear so I dug my oem tow hook out of a box to put it on, I just leave the front one on despite some criticism from others who only put it on for track days... Meh, it's a Rennline hook that looks nice and considering I pretty much only drive it for track. Anywho the oem tow hook was a bit rusty so I shot it with some yellow spray paint. RICER STATUS ACHIEVED LOL. Worst part is I kind of like it... Debating painting it black though still.

Tow hooks are on my list too...and a fire extinguisher.

Bummer you're still having temp issues. My Mocal that i got with my iabed is too small... I was looking at improved products oil coolers. Dual pass and have options for a fan...might be worth checking them out.

jay745

Tow hooks are on my list too...and a fire extinguisher.

Bummer you're still having temp issues. My Mocal that i got with my iabed is too small... I was looking at improved products oil coolers. Dual pass and have options for a fan...might be worth checking them out.
I like the rennline tow hook I have in the front, functional and I think it looks nice (Inner ricer). I want to add a fire suppression system that I can dump in the engine bay if needed. I have a small fire extinguisher that's mounted to the front of the passenger seat.

Regarding the oil cooler I'm going to have to measure to see if a 25 row will fit. I think one of the big problem area's for me is that I don't have any ducting for it. I don't really know where to start on fabbing that up, need some help.

gman2.JPG