GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

Phur

Autocross Champion

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Damn. Just got a P0600. I’ll scan when I get home either tonight or tomorrow morning. 😑
That sucks, something with the ecu losing connection. Was it driving normal?

Got back from Gingerman, fun day overall but not without some hiccups. It was hot and I was battling temp issues even with the oil cooler up front. Looking into it I think the oil cooler I have is too small. I'm going to sell it and get a 25 row, the one I have is a 16 row. #thanksdubya.

Slippery in the morning sessions, afternoon I was able to put a 1:44 down then my charge pipe blew off on the next lap lol. I skipped the last 2 sessions after putting it back on and just had a beer.

The otterbox cooler did great, filled it with ice friday morning, it still had ice in it this morning when I checked.

torga

Autocross Champion
I went to a local karting track on Saturday and had a blast. Haven't driven go karts regularly in maybe 5 years. First run was mostly shaking off the rust, but I got some fun overtakes in. Second run I shaved 3 seconds off P.B. and average. This place gives you lap time readouts once you come back to the pit.
This place is gorgeous, trees everywhere, super green, track is long and open, but still technical.
It's joined up with a proper road course and I believe there was some sort of classic Amercana race going on -- possibly for 4th of July -- evidenced by a Shelby Daytona kit car leaving the main course and snarling V8 downshifts coming up to the corner that the karting track was situated next to. Good day.

Also there was a GT3 RS in the parking lot of the karting track and I may or may not have drooled on it.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I went to a local karting track on Saturday and had a blast. Haven't driven go karts regularly in maybe 5 years. First run was mostly shaking off the rust, but I got some fun overtakes in. Second run I shaved 3 seconds off P.B. and average. This place gives you lap time readouts once you come back to the pit.
This place is gorgeous, trees everywhere, super green, track is long and open, but still technical.
It's joined up with a proper road course and I believe there was some sort of classic Amercana race going on -- possibly for 4th of July -- evidenced by a Shelby Daytona kit car leaving the main course and snarling V8 downshifts coming up to the corner that the karting track was situated next to. Good day.

Also there was a GT3 RS in the parking lot of the karting track and I may or may not have drooled on it.
Awesome, I love karting at places where the karts are actually good. With the right group of guys it's a lot of fun. Bumping, dive bombs etc, all fair play :D

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
GF has decided it's time to buy her first car. Shes had the same hand-me-down '06 Honda Accord since 2013 and it's treated her well, but she is ready to move on.
I tried hard to get her into an A3/S3 or a Golf variant (R, Wagon) and even a Jetta or Passat, but she is set on a Jeep. She has been eyeing TJ's, so 97-06. I forgot how not fun car hunting and buying can be.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
GF has decided it's time to buy her first car. Shes had the same hand-me-down '06 Honda Accord since 2013 and it's treated her well, but she is ready to move on.
I tried hard to get her into an A3/S3 or a Golf variant (R, Wagon) and even a Jetta or Passat, but she is set on a Jeep. She has been eyeing TJ's, so 97-06. I forgot how not fun car hunting and buying can be.
Picked up a super clean LJ earlier this year as a bit of an impulse. Been slacking on ordering the lift & tires, though.

Good luck with your search.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Picked up a super clean LJ earlier this year as a bit of an impulse. Been slacking on ordering the lift & tires, though.

Good luck with your search.

Appreciate it. At this age most of the examples we're checking out already have a lift and wheels and tires on them.

I always wanted a jeep, they're just so damn expensive it's hard to justify. Even the older high mileage cherokees are going for crazy prices.

TJ is her dream car, so we're alright paying a pretty penny for a nice example. She had no issue with me spending what I did on the R when I found it last year, and that was basically at the drop of a hat lol
Nice thing is Jeeps hold value really well, so as long as we can maintain it well, if she ever decides to sell it we shouldn't have an issue.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Chicks love Jeeps for some reason and they do hold their value hella good.

@KollinWithaK I have an idea for the Urotuning website. Might be a crap one but it's something that would be cool to me.

You guys offer free shipping above $49. Well the other day I was shopping for something and it only cost $35. Shipping was $13. I'd rather buy a little something for $15 bucks then it go to shipping. It would be great if there was a under $20 dollar section or I could filter all categories and set a price point of $20. I might not know what I want or need exactly but if everything came up I could maybe see something like a tool or cheap part.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I always wanted a jeep, they're just so damn expensive it's hard to justify. Even the older high mileage cherokees are going for crazy prices.
should've bought my WJ last year for 1900 last year :iono:

clownish

just clowning around
The srt8 jeeps or the newer ones running the hellcat powerplant are cool. Those are the only ones I’ve ever wanted. Fun/fast cars, but the interiors are worse than fisher-price. Except they have Audi RS-priced MSRPs.