GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I'll definitely keep you updated. I didn't want to spend $500+ on a CC, and while doing research, someone on here turned me onto the new PCV. There's one review for it on FCP Euro stating it solved the smoking issue on track, so that's promising. I might still add a universal CC, but haven't decided.

Is there a recommended tool for VW for the rear brakes? Or is it just a universal thing? I've never had a car that required that. Makes no sense to me for manufactures to do that, but what do I know?
No worries, The price tag is high, but for us who are pushing its 100% necessary.

Let us know how that plate goes tho.

Its not a special tool any of the 26 dollar kits on amazon has it. Its a lil disk with too holes that you rotate while compressing. the fronts are just a standard press. all has to do with the ebrake.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I did read about this, and thought it a bunch of bull. Besides, I had already purchased them. So, 3M sells precut covers for a 7.5?
Not a bunch of bull. Happened to mine too but I didn't care enough to remove the film and re-do.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Not today, but over the long weekend:

Drove to @GTI Jake for his Baun Performance "Less Aggressive" CBE...

The new exhaust is louder than I expected, especially when towing a trailer in the mountains. At home, where it's flat and without the trailer, the exhaust note is a touch louder than with the stock muffler, but not awful. As a skeptic, I was pleasantly surprised to feel a little extra oomph from the new exhaust. I was not expecting to notice a performance difference. I prefer a quieter car, but will take the extra volume with the power it gives.

I drove "Tail of the Dragon" and "Back of the Dragon" on my [out of the] way home...

Overall, it was a really good trip, especially after so many closures.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Got the alignment done at the dealer today since the air ride when in, these setting were done at my preset ride height setting (24” 3/4 FTG) I wanted the Most neg in the rear I could get so I can flush them out more and still Drop it down as low as possible. Still have more room on the front camber plates but really think going past this with be a bit much.

Car felt fine going 85 on the highway.
3759DEF1-0F46-45EC-82B8-5B25A4501A4A.jpeg

Also lost the splitter on the drive back 😂
5489D209-64B4-43F5-B047-CC12DFDFB013.jpeg

Rears have the 15mm spacers on still and the front are spacer free still, going to try the 20s in the back and “see” of 15 work in the front... I doubt it
F79B46D8-65EB-474A-9553-4C3ED9A6DE9F.jpeg
0A615565-6649-4B33-8B3E-6C3049C63606.jpeg

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Got the alignment done at the dealer today since the air ride when in, these setting were done at my preset ride height setting (24” 3/4 FTG) I wanted the Most neg in the rear I could get so I can flush them out more and still Drop it down as low as possible. Still have more room on the front camber plates but really don’t think going past this with be a bit much.

View attachment 178893

View attachment 178895
Rears have the 15mm spacers on still and the front are spacer free still, going to try the 20s in the back and “see” of 15 work in the front... I doubt it
View attachment 178896View attachment 178897

15mm will fit up front.

If you’re gonna play with spacers and different wheel set ups a stud conversion would be a good investment rather than constantly buying different lug bolts.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
15mm will fit up front.

If you’re gonna play with spacers and different wheel set ups a stud conversion would be a good investment rather than constantly buying different lug bolts.
I already have the spacers, I was running 25 rears and 20 in the Fronts with the 225 tires, then had to run switch back to the 20/15 after I got the 235s. Then when I put the air in I took them off fully till I could get the alignment done. The fronts clearing are for right on the tab where the front clip mounts to. As before I had the plates at -2.5 it was resting it and pushing into the rubber.

This is the pass side the driver is closer...
0F6493B0-AE4B-4E4A-B971-F577FB4CEC74.jpeg

Just dealing with spacers till I get dumb enough to spend the $3800 on some custom BCforged I’ve been drooling over.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion

The new exhaust is louder than I expected, especially when towing a trailer in the mountains. At home, where it's flat and without the trailer, the exhaust note is a touch louder than with the stock muffler, but not awful. As a skeptic, I was pleasantly surprised to feel a little extra oomph from the new exhaust. I was not expecting to notice a performance difference. I prefer a quieter car, but will take the extra volume with the power it gives.

I drove "Tail of the Dragon" and "Back of the Dragon" on my [out of the] way home...

I'd love to know what kind of hitch set up that is that you have. Care to disclose?

And... Those welds Dayyyyyem!

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32

awesome! I have that same picture from last spring. I need to go back in the summer one year!

2968028.jpg

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Got the alignment done at the dealer today since the air ride when in, these setting were done at my preset ride height setting (24” 3/4 FTG) I wanted the Most neg in the rear I could get so I can flush them out more and still Drop it down as low as possible. Still have more room on the front camber plates but really don’t think going past this with be a bit much.

View attachment 178893

View attachment 178895
View attachment 178896View attachment 178897

🎼 All...my...friends...know the low rider. :cool:

Agray

Go Kart Champion

I know you said in one of your last videos you don't love loud exhausts, but when you make your video pleaseeeee open it up in 2nd and 3rd from inside and outside the car :love:.

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
Kicked the mustang project out of the garage to do my IE downpipe. Lol. Super easy job and fits perfectly. Very happy with the quality.

Attachments

• 617A1B01-CA38-476B-B15D-3B402ABAC471.jpeg
    617A1B01-CA38-476B-B15D-3B402ABAC471.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 131
  • C87E01C8-7C1E-48D0-BF05-46197FA9D3BD.jpeg
    C87E01C8-7C1E-48D0-BF05-46197FA9D3BD.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 138
  • 0123D9ED-00E6-4103-B1BE-6066A660B23B.jpeg
    0123D9ED-00E6-4103-B1BE-6066A660B23B.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 128