GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rs3 Coilpacks not working

Yungjean

Car(s)
2015 vw gti
I installed some rs3 coilpacks on my Mk7 gti after getting some random misfires. I installed them today and drove it and it was driving fine but later in the evening my check engine light turned on and the same shaking started happening. Maybe I installed them in a wrong order or it’s breaking in? Let me know

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
wrong order? There's no order involved. Double check all the connections and make sure they are seated. Otherwise you need to pull the fault codes and post them here. You might also post a little info about your car - such as mods, current mileage, how many times you jumped the railroad tracks down the street last week, etc. etc.

walker

Go Kart Newbie
Any time you change the coil packs, especially to different ones, you should re-gap the spark plugs to match. I tried R8 coil packs in my MK6, they didn't last long because I didn't have the proper spark plugs.

Yungjean

Car(s)
2015 vw gti
Any time you change the coil packs, especially to different ones, you should re-gap the spark plugs to match. I tried R8 coil packs in my MK6, they didn't last long because I didn't have the proper spark plugs.
Oh ok thanks so I should just adjust the spark plugs? I got them changed about a month or two ago

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
You said you got a check engine light - you need to pull the code and post them here. There's nothing special about RS3 coil packs, you don't need to regap your plugs because of them.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Nonsense. Stock coils are great even on monster whp builds.

Pull plugs and inspect. Pull codes and post.

Yup, it’s been shown a lot that the mk7 finally got acceptable coils on our platform... my mk6 and mk4 were always failing and causing misfires.