GOLFMKV

EQT Tuned

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yes and no @jimlloyd40
Yes to the HP/TQ claimed by them.
The “increase” (as they depict it) is based on the difference from their own measurement of the stock calibration; not the difference from the manufacturers number.

Right but I wish APR would only show wheel numbers because it confuses comparisons when someone is for instance comparing an APR stage 1 tune to someone else's stage 1 tune.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Yep, looked close, but it's 10% off. Kinda explains some things. Now, where is it leaking.

I dunno man. Various sources (shopdap, other car forums) say that as long as requested and actual boost values don't diverge much, then that's fine. My lines are almost completely parallel. That plus my test results make me think there probably isn't a leak. Could be wrong, but for now I'm going with it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I dunno man. Various sources (shopdap, other car forums) said that as long as requested and actual boost values don't diverge much, then that's fine. My lines are almost completely parallel. That plus my test results make me think there probably isn't a leak. Could be wrong, but for now I'm going with it.
Regardless, the tune is designed to hit said parameters as goals, of everyone on that tune was experiencing the same results it would be easy to lump it up as the the Is20 turbos inability to hit said numbers, mix that with the fact that the turbo is running wastegate so open for that long in efforts to hit the targets, something is off and will cause the turbo to burn out sooner if it’s consistently having to work so hard. In the grand scheme...no big deal since you got that hybrid idea still just taping your shoulder asking to come in soon 😂.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Honestly, I am rapidly losing interest in going to BT. Car as is, is already so fast that I'm constantly in danger of getting a ticket. I actually got pulled over a week ago by an unmarked who saw me blast past a tesla who was camping/meandering in the left lane while using his phone. I got a warning and was on my way. Adding more power for a low impulse control person like me is just asking for trouble.

If turbo actually does wear out, then I'd consider something else. I'm not overly worried either way.

Last edited:

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Can you show your boost leak tester set up? I would like to do a boost leak test, too.

0802201544.jpg

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Can't remember if you said you had or not, but have you checked the wastegate voltage or run adaption? I'm not sure if they go out of adjustment often but don't believe they do. Still, another variable to check off.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Can't remember if you said you had or not, but have you checked the wastegate voltage or run adaption? I'm not sure if they go out of adjustment often but don't believe they do. Still, another variable to check off.

No. I haven't. I'll check the voltage this week.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Yep, looked close, but it's 10% off. Kinda explains some things. Now, where is it leaking.

I wonder how much power/torque this is costing me. Is it the same as the proportion of difference between requested and actual boost? 6 to 10%? Is that how it works?

I never did any logs with any of my old tunes. I was eqt 93 before this, Unitronic stage 2 before that and uni Stage 1 before that. I wonder if I've been below optimum boost all along and didn't know it, or something along the way is the cause.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
2019 Golf R Stage 2 FBO 316hp/342 lb-ft on the AWD Mustang Dyno. A little disappointed.
My buddy with a '18 R Littco 450 UM tuned on the same dyno/day ran had 376 hp/348 lb-ft

1596542709215.png

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
What fuel? Mustangs tend to read lower.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yeah an L450 on pump putting out 60whp over an IS38 isn't too far from reality, would expect it to be closer to 40whp though. I'm sure your car being a 2019 might also have issue as I know 2019 ECUs are being a little more difficult to work with. Without data can't say if there is anything amiss. Did you log the dyno run?

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
What fuel? Mustangs tend to read lower.
Yeah an L450 on pump putting out 60whp over an IS38 isn't too far from reality, would expect it to be closer to 40whp though. I'm sure your car being a 2019 might also have issue as I know 2019 ECUs are being a little more difficult to work with. Without data can't say if there is anything amiss. Did you log the dyno run?
Let me check if it's on there.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
why are those lines so choppy on the dyno graph?

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Whose tune is it?
EQT Stage 2 - Golf R....i forgot I was in the GTI forums, but I spent so much time here with my GTIs it has become habit to post here.

Here's the logs of the three runs. LMK if anything stands out as abnormal.
https://datazap.me/u/scrapin240/dyno-runs?log=0&data=8-16

Here is my mod list
https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/7-5-golf-r-c-19-build-177-miles.374315/post-7438529

Last edited: