GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI vs. Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Damn...I thought the stage 2 R would be very close to the M3P. And yet you like your R more in how it drives?

This pretty much confirms I must have been lined up against the std Dual Motor one (Long range?). I was only on my EQT 91 Stage 2 tune w HPFP (IS38) at the time, which is not typical(usually on E40 tune). I wonder how my E40 EQT tune would stack up against the 3P model? I have to imagine once this Vortex on E40 and 535LPFP get thrown on in 2 weeks it would be no contest.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
+1 I realize they are the future but just can't do it. I'm not at all interested at this point. Although seeing what's going down right now with the whole APR DP/stage 2 tune drama who knows...might force my hand sooner vs later

Same. There are a shitload of high HP cars way faster than a GTI anyway. You can't beat everyone.
At least there is some drama, uncertainty and a modicum of challenge in how your car (and your driving) performs from day to day.

Force your hand to get an electric car? Meh. You would be jumping the gun a bit, IMO. There is still plenty of time to enjoy the glory of the internal combustion engine.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
....Force your hand to get an electric car? Meh. You would be jumping the gun a bit, IMO. There is still plenty of time to enjoy the glory of the internal combustion engine.

Ha! Yes, you are right. I'm creating my own "drama" here.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I can't wait to make the switch. Electric power is super fun and really appealing to me.

I like the Tesla product but I really don't like the company, so I'm looking forward to what competitors come up with in the next few years.

Other than a beater pickup truck/SUV or potentially a full blown race car, I have no interest in owning an ICE car beyond the next 2-3 years.

Nyanga

Ready to race!
The future certainly looks electric.
But there is still a lot of unanswered questions.
Resale
Battery longevity
Ethics of battery materials mining plus rare metals supply
Range-battery flattened by high speeds, wipers, air con, radio, etc
Re-charge points where you need them

Hoon

Autocross Champion
The future certainly looks electric.
But there is still a lot of unanswered questions.
Resale
Battery longevity
Ethics of battery materials mining plus rare metals supply
Range-battery flattened by high speeds, wipers, air con, radio, etc
Re-charge points where you need them

Tesla has been selling EVs for 8 years. Most of these questions have been answered.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Would be nice to have options, so you could also have V-8, V-12 or even V-6 or Flat 4 sounds.