GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
I had put a fresh set of brisk er10s in preperation for dyno retune for adding mpi but one of the plugs was bad because was getting missfires and epc....

Making me nervous with the er10s I picked up to install with my Vortex. The er12s plugs in there now have been flawless on my E40 tune on the stock IS38. Even though EQT recommends the NGK race plugs I just can't justify spending the extra ~$120 on a set of those things vs a Brisk set.
Have you run Brisk's in the past and had issues on fresh ones or is this an isolated case? I haven't read of any issues with them other than the pull at 5k-ish recommendation to check gap since they open up quickly vs others

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Very nice. What kind of boost and timing you running now to hit 465?

I haven't logged yet but boost had to be limited to 28psi due to running out of fuel on full e85. I need a pm4 in order to up boost which I was hoping wasn't going to be the case but it was. On e30 with like 31psi it was 450whp.

Last edited:

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Making me nervous with the er10s I picked up to install with my Vortex. The er12s plugs in there now have been flawless on my E40 tune on the stock IS38. Even though EQT recommends the NGK race plugs I just can't justify spending the extra ~$120 on a set of those things vs a Brisk set.
Have you run Brisk's in the past and had issues on fresh ones or is this an isolated case? I haven't read of any issues with them other than the pull at 5k-ish recommendation to check gap since they open up quickly vs others

I usually run the Brisk for like race days and Ruthiums for daily. I haven't had an issue with a bad plug out of the box but my experience has been the plugs not lasting very long (5-7k) before I start getting missfires. Plugs would look good and gap was fine but weirdly get missfires. Thats the reason why I haven't been dailying them.

Reactions: MSH

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I'm still seeing 4-4.5bar of fuel up top at 28-29psi with my duty capped at 80%. Where are you guys drawing the line?

https://datazap.me/u/diggs24/2x60-100-ambient-82f?log=0&data=1-4-13

Also, looks like you lost a bit of spool?

I'm not sure where Jon feels comfortable at. I don't know in all honesty if this new setup will run any faster or not because this is on a dynojet where my old dynos were on his mustang. Also it looks like he is just limiting full torque till after 4.5k since I'm stock block and high mileage at that. Still looks like it spools around 3.5k mark like before.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Took out my rutheniums with 5k on them. They are looking good. Love these things, but I have some ngk race plugs laying around. Going to give them a try. I have a feeling I might come back to rutheniums though...

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Ok what is the deal/so great about Ruths?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R