GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Goodyear Exhilarates. Yay or Nay?

Litterbug

Car(s)
Mk7 Gti
They look great! That is good to hear how they are doing so far. I will be coating mine this weekend and then I shall put them on finally. They have just been sitting in the garage looking pretty all this time lol. I did notice they didn’t use a weight on one of the wheels. I have read that is a little more common than people think. First time I have ever seen it, though. I have a pretty good warranty through Goodyear so I should be good either way it goes I’d say.

I am sure you're looking forward to finally installing them. I am interested in hearing how you feel they compare to the stock P7's. I took those off my car right after I bought the car. I recall them being quite nice rolling tires but lacking grip and steering feel.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I did notice they didn’t use a weight on one of the wheels. I have read that is a little more common than people think. First time I have ever seen it, though. I have a pretty good warranty through Goodyear so I should be good either way it goes I’d say.

One of my wheels does not have a weight on. When I first noticed I thought it must have fallen off until I read the same.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
I am sure you're looking forward to finally installing them. I am interested in hearing how you feel they compare to the stock P7's. I took those off my car right after I bought the car. I recall them being quite nice rolling tires but lacking grip and steering feel.
Yea, I have had pretty good luck with them so far overall. Pretty good in the rain too. I will have my ceramic coat delivered tomorrow and will have them on the car as soon as it cures lol

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
One of my wheels does not have a weight on. When I first noticed I thought it must have fallen off until I read the same.
I was kinda angry at first but after doing some reading I calmed down a bit 😂. You didn’t notice any vibrations or anything? That is my only worry about these new wheels and tires. My current setup feels great up to around 100, which is completely fine for my uses for now lol

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I was kinda angry at first but after doing some reading I calmed down a bit 😂. You didn’t notice any vibrations or anything? That is my only worry about these new wheels and tires. My current setup feels great up to around 100, which is completely fine for my uses for now lol

I am using the stock wheels now but when I had Konig Rennforms they vibrated pretty bad at high way speeds. Turns at the Discount Tire where I live takes 5 tries to properly balance wheels or it was the dreaded hub ring issue some speak of.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
I’ll post a better pic and some of my thoughts when I get the chance and have driven on them more then 10 miles. Just glad they are on finally lol
C7D75B73-409D-4EAE-BFA6-4E14F75711AC.jpeg

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Well it has only been a little over fifty miles so far but my initial feeling is that they ride very smooth on our not-so-good roads here in WV. They seem to take the smaller holes like champs. I do have a mild vibration that comes in little ‘waves’ once i get over 75 or so. Hoping that goes away at some point. Even if it didn’t, I would still be pretty happy. I will post again when I get som real miles and driving on them after they are broken in.
BE82CAEB-75DD-49D5-BD8B-67398BE425C8.jpeg

Obligatory glamour shot ^

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Looking like a great wheel & tire combo. Decent total weight saving i would imagine too!
Thanks! Yea, I’m loving it. I think the wheels were supposed to be around 19.8lbs each if I remember correctly. I can’t wait to push them this weekend :D

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Well it has only been a little over fifty miles so far but my initial feeling is that they ride very smooth on our not-so-good roads here in WV. They seem to take the smaller holes like champs. I do have a mild vibration that comes in little ‘waves’ once i get over 75 or so. Hoping that goes away at some point. Even if it didn’t, I would still be pretty happy. I will post again when I get som real miles and driving on them after they are broken in.

When my wheels had a balancing issue the vibrations were stronger the faster I went. Over 85 they felt a bit dangerous. If you haven't done so yet you may want to get up to 90 or so and compare that to what you feel at 75.

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
I hadn't really considered using Goodyears, up until Trump's little spat with them. I'll definitely be considering them now.
Don't know if you have a DiscountTire near you, but you can get quite a deal on them now via a few rebates/savings available now:
From the second link, "This offer is combinable with $50 instant savings on Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires."
And from the third link, "This offer is combinable with up to $100 Goodyear rebate on select lines and $50 instant savings on Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires."

Edit: You may be able to get these rebates/savings elsewhere. I just happened to see them on DiscountTire's website.

Last edited:

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
When my wheels had a balancing issue the vibrations were stronger the faster I went. Over 85 they felt a bit dangerous. If you haven't done so yet you may want to get up to 90 or so and compare that to what you feel at 75.
Well this makes me feel a little better lol! I have been up to 90 or so and it doesn’t seem to get worse. It may have been the road I was on as well since it seemed to be a pretty ‘uniform’ wave of slight vibrations. I’m also really touch about that kind of stuff so I maybe slightly overreacting lol. Alignment and balancing are two of my most important pet peeves lol

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Don't know if you have a DiscountTire near you, but you can get quite a deal on them now via a few rebates/savings available now:
From the second link, "This offer is combinable with $50 instant savings on Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires."
And from the third link, "This offer is combinable with up to $100 Goodyear rebate on select lines and $50 instant savings on Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires."
I just received a 250 prepaid card back for my purchase of them. I picked them up at a local Goodyear shop and used a Goodyear credit card on top of that. So I think I got some extra sauce for that lol Pretty good deal considering I can apply the prepaid card to my credit balance. $650 all in including taxes out the door is not too bad for these tires :D