GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIVERTER+ failure questions

Lanos2001

so lately my mk7.5 has been throwing EPC. feels like the diverter+ is getting stuck or something. on my search for this on here i only saw some people mention it being the Diverter+ but no explanation besides oiling the piston, which i did before install a couple of thousand miles ago. just curious if anyone else is having problems with it. i also have CTS turbo inlet, intake, and JB4.

i haven't had time to take it apart yet since i'm working 12's this week.
i've also put JB4 back to Map0 and been babying the hell out of it when the EPC light doesn't come on occasionally but i can feel it still.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Amazing to me that people still run these things... they've been known to cause problems for 5 years!

Lanos2001

well then, i did not know about the problems. someone had one new and i got it relatively cheap. so ya'll think that is the problem then?
my car jerks with the slightest bit of boost then EPC comes on.

Martin398

Ready to race!
I installed a DV+when I first got the car... can confirm its more problems than it's worth. stock DV is more than adequate.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
well then, i did not know about the problems. someone had one new and i got it relatively cheap. so ya'll think that is the problem then?
my car jerks with the slightest bit of boost then EPC comes on.

It's all good dude just pull it off and you should be all set (its possible theres another problem)

When the mk7 came out GFB released this product and almost instantly people realized it caused a problem. It messes with the ECU DV control function. So while yes it does do all the things that it says it does on the advertising like opening faster or closing faster, it does not work right with these cars.

There should be a sticky telling people not to buy it, but if GFB had any ethics they would stop selling it for these cars, they know it doesn't work right.

Lanos2001

thanks for the help. should've researched the diverter+ a bit more. just got into the VW scene and a guy had it for cheap. lesson learned. since i have CTS stuff already anyone got feedback on their diverter?

Navi

Autocross Champion
Back in 2017, I had the DV+ for a month and ended up throwing it in the trash. Been on stock DV at 28 psi for the last 2 years. It's a champ. I threw in a new one recently from FCP for 50 bucks just as preventative maintenance. Lifetime warranty. Stock is where it's at.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
The facebook groups love these things and I have no clue why. People are claiming they are getting them to fix "leaking" diverter valve but if thats the case its only masking the underlying issue and adding more complexity. The stock DV is pretty solid and reasonably priced, if it breaks just get a new one.

If you want more noise and open element intake like a snorkle filter on a stick style will help with that.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Feel like its the same reason why a ton of new people rush into buying an intake for MK7s when there's minimal gains from it, no? I'm new-ish into the car scene but it feels other platforms people rush for intakes, while for us its mostly just for turbo noise.