GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I put two different reman calipers on my buddies old chevelle and we had the same problem. He was only paying me in beer and Hooters so I told him to take it elsewhere lmao
Hooters as in the restaurants or....

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Drove the car yesterday and noticed brake fluid on the insides of my rear wheels. Got it up on the lift to inspect and BOTH sides are leaking from the piston. WTF Rock Auto. They want me to ship them back on my dime for inspection and then they can decide if they warranty them or not. Screw that. Just going to cut the losses and get napa calipers because I don't have time for this back and forth shipping. Supposed to go to the track this weekend.

20200831_194331.jpg

zef

Drag Racing Champion
jeez, might as well have bought golf R calipers lol

jay745

Got back from the track, car was fine all day. Managed to beat my record there by .7 which is pretty cool, studying the data helped a lot. There's still a few seconds being left on the track by looking at the data from saturday. These are my two fastest laps, the green line is the faster lap but theres certain sections where the blue lap was faster meaning I botched the corners up. gotta study more

1599603075017.png

torga

Autocross Champion
mmm love me some data. Have you looked into what it would take to wire in a capture system in-line to your brakes and throttle to get that extra dimension of data? Or perhaps, does your software maybe interpolate that data from an onboard gyro? You improved a lot in the esses at the middle of the course, awesome job dude.

jay745

mmm love me some data. Have you looked into what it would take to wire in a capture system in-line to your brakes and throttle to get that extra dimension of data? Or perhaps, does your software maybe interpolate that data from an onboard gyro? You improved a lot in the esses at the middle of the course, awesome job dude.
Yeah me too, I'm just getting into data this season. I got gifted this laptimer and probably going to keep it for a while, the devices that hook into the brake/throttle are pricey. These two laps are only .3 apart from eachother, with about 50 laps to compare it's a lot to take in. The software allows you to compare splits of the track too which is really neat and helpful to break down the fastest line on each corner vs overall fastest laps time. Ideally I piece that together for the ideal line throughout the whole track (easier said than done 😜 )

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Aim Solo2?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Awesome. Definitely on my list of stuff to get (along with tow hooks & fire extinguisher)

jay745

Awesome. Definitely on my list of stuff to get (along with tow hooks & fire extinguisher)
I watched a guy cry on one of my early track days because his brakes caught on fire and ended up damaging a large portion of the rest of the car before someone could put the fire out. It could have been resolved so easy with a fire extinguisher in the cabin and he probably would have laughed about it. I got a fire extinguisher the next day, and want to eventually put a fire supression system in the car that runs lines to the engine bay. Fires are scary.

Also do the clubs out by you not require tow hooks? Most of them that I go to you have to have at least one to go out. Got scolded earlier this year for only having a hook in the front and not one in the rear.