GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Franco516 build

torga

Autocross Champion
Another +1 from me for Fluidampr, I have all the same impressions as Franco.

I managed to do this on jack stands and a buddy. He held the crank tool while I blitzed the bolt off with an impact.
Zipped the new crank bolt up to snug with the impact and I used the garage floor to brace the crank tool while I torqued the crank bolt to spec.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Been running it for the past year. Works well!

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
New wheels look sick. i think those rotiforms are overrated and over played.
You should still do a regular oil change every 2 changes or something like that just to be safe.
well noted on that, good point.

I just wanted to comment on this right here. When I worked at Mercedes they started rolling out models with plastic oil pans and you weren't supposed to drain it. We started using extractors all the time. I had a trainee that asked if that got all the oil out of it. We were not real busy so we tested it. This car had the regular oil pan/drain plug. We extracted the oil from the dipstick tube and then raised it up in the air. When we pulled the drain plug literally nothing came out. Not even a drop.

Anyway, started watching this thread but got lost in notifications. Nice ride 👌

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
I finally washed it...

AFCEA726-7D33-4AC0-B6A1-4EDAE764A134.JPG

IMG-8577.jpg

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Lots of shit to install...

CTS GTX3071r kit. Literally every thing i need to install it is here. There is a lack of information on the internet about this kit so If anyone has pics of how they setup their n75 please PM me.

Snow perfomance stage2 W/M kit. Will be using an AEM controller so if anyone wants a SP controller hmu.
Dont plan on really going in that deep into the WM rabbithole so ill be running only two nozzles, post IC and one at the TBS.

Also; Dieselgeek shifterbushings and michelin pilot sport AS3+ tires, these will go on my rotiforms as i plan to get an all summer wheel/tire setup and run the rotis for the rest of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love lots of shit to install!

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Got new suspension, swapped the 5year old Koni coils with new BC BR's. Yeah you might say 'hey thats a downgrade..,The konis are deff better that some cheapo BC's' and yeah you might be right to some extent BUT boy do I love them so much. The konis were great when I first installed them back in 2015 but they were not the same anymore. Creaking on every bump and felt like ASS overall. These BC's have made the car feel brand new and the easy dampening adjust ability is great, braking feels sharper and do does cornering, everything is just better now, No ragrets. Also, i raised that car a bit and made my life easier. This weekend once the suspension is all settled in I will get an alignment. Im super happy :)

torga

Autocross Champion
Nice man, I'm happy that you're happy!

zef

Drag Racing Champion
For street use they will do just fine. The Koni's weren't rebuildable? Then again, by the time you're done rebuilding plus shipping back and forth you were probably better off just starting new.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
For street use they will do just fine. The Koni's weren't rebuildable? Then again, by the time you're done rebuilding plus shipping back and forth you were probably better off just starting new.

They were not, I contact Koni about and seemed like very big hassle to go through anything of that matter and since they weren't blown or broken I couldn't go through warranty.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
They were not, I contact Koni about and seemed like very big hassle to go through anything of that matter and since they weren't blown or broken I couldn't go through warranty.

Ah go figure.