GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do you guys keep the dsg in sport mode 24/7?

echelonphoto

Ready to race!
Extended driving, I use manual...like to be able to pick my gear. Spirited driving in close quarters, I will use S for a short time...It seems so much faster than even manual , esp with my jb4 on map 6. However, cruising is just too annoying in S...it keeps wanting to downshift with light throttle, so I switch to manual. I hate D with a passion, only use if I am trying to eat while driving.

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I couldn’t do it. It doesn’t feel satisfying to me.

Exactly my thoughts.... I have tried my best but it feels nothing like a proper manual to me....more like a Playstation lol. And I always feel the car is saying 'damn you with your paddle shifting, you are messing with my master plan' 😁

With the DSG tune, I feel it is easier to predict when the car will shift/make it shift with the throttle than it was in the stock tune.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Exactly my thoughts.... I have tried my best but it feels nothing like a proper manual to me....more like a Playstation lol. And I always feel the car is saying 'damn you with your paddle shifting, you are messing with my master plan' 😁

With the DSG tune, I feel it is easier to predict when the car will shift/make it shift with the throttle than it was in the stock tune.
Nice!

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
I am NEVER in Sport mode, Drive or manual.

My S5 is a different story :)

pjs06c

Passed Driver's Ed
EQT DSG tune got me to switch to Drive mode for most of my daily driving. It's very smooth and doesn't hang on the revs, well worth it considering my fuel economy improved a lot. Used to just drive in S all day

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
With EQT DSG tune when driving around normally D is pretty fun and dont feel I need to manually shift like with the stock DSG profile. When im driving my mountain back roads I keep it in S and its absolutely fantastic. Before getting the EQT DSG tune I did a lot of manual but now find it shifts at the or very close to the points I would of been before in most situations.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
D:40%
S:40%
M:20%

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
With EQT DSG tune when driving around normally D is pretty fun and dont feel I need to manually shift like with the stock DSG profile. When im driving my mountain back roads I keep it in S and its absolutely fantastic. Before getting the EQT DSG tune I did a lot of manual but now find it shifts at the or very close to the points I would of been before in most situations.

agreed with this, got the EQT dsg tune and it transformed the car, now I just leave it in D mode 90%+ of the time and it is so predictable i can actually just make the car up or downshift by playing with where the throttle is, car even takes off from a stop more smoothly now too with EQT dsg tune somehow, highly recommend

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I keep my DSG MK6 in manual mode 100% when i drive it
I keep my manual MK7 in beast mode 100%

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
Agree that my having a decent set of summer tires is also helping a lot, as is APRs enhanced launch control you get with the TCU tune. But nonetheless, the Plus isn't as lame duck as a lot of people perceive it to be. The power increase comes from the +6, 7 PSI they've upped the boost by while keeping the timing conservative due to the 87.
Didn’t know you had their TCU tune also.
Curious - are your tailpipes sooted?

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
I am not sure if the GLI has the same programming but I will assume that it does (it sure feels like it). The D is too lazy, most of the time I use S but IMO they nailed the manual mode, very aggressive. I like it the most.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I am not sure if the GLI has the same programming but I will assume that it does (it sure feels like it). The D is too lazy, most of the time I use S but IMO they nailed the manual mode, very aggressive. I like it the most.
My wife has a 2020 GLI. Tranny and power output feels identical to my gti

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Drive seems too lazy and moving the dsg to s makes the tranny feel like it’s smoking crack

I typically stayed in drive till oil temps are 180 and move it to sport.

But now a days I leave it in drive, knock a gear down if I need some acceleration and eventually go back to d automatically

How about you guys? My neighbor keeps his mk7 in S permanently. He hates drive

Individual with all settings sport but DCC normal. Manual shift mode. Paddle shift all day.

Last edited: