GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When do you typically change spark plugs?

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
I am at 71. something clicks on my 2017 golf tsi 1.8t only thing i have done thus far is twice a year oil change and fresh transmission fluid changed at 68k km and coolant dealer changed for other problems that they had to change it no if and buts.

Any other issues or things to change at certain intervals for my car?

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
60k miles is the VW recommended interval for the stock plugs. If you car is modified or you drive it heavy you should consider changing them sooner.

If you use something other than stock plugs then it varies greatly. I typically get about 28-32k out of RS7 plugs before I have to change them on my tuned car.

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
About 96,000 Kilometers.
That would equal 60,000 miles (minus a few, but you get the picture).
If using any aftermarket ECU/Piggyback performance flashing, then you should change them at least twice as frequently.
It is of benefit to you to check their condition from time to time; especially if you suspect ignition issues.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
It can never hurt to put new plugs in, a good idea to see what your plugs look like at 40k and go from there.

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
I'm pretty sure most of the 1.8t and 2.0t maintenance schedules say to change spark plugs at 60k. My manual (for the 1.4t) says 60k for all of the 2.0t engines and 120k for the 1.4t
Yeah so possibly at 80k km or 90k km for me then? As mine is automatic not manual

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
Yeah 60k miles is what the book says... So about 95k km. Many here though change them out earlier especially if tuned.
Yeah mine isnt tuned just external accessories and looks changed nothing internal of vehicle and yeah that seems about right as I am at 71k km now so probably now to change it or 90 k km no idea if its automatic as there isnt any indication i guess or failure or signs to change it dont know when r signs to change it or is it based entirely on your use of car etc?

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
60k miles is the VW recommended interval for the stock plugs. If you car is modified or you drive it heavy you should consider changing them sooner.

If you use something other than stock plugs then it varies greatly. I typically get about 28-32k out of RS7 plugs before I have to change them on my tuned car.
Yeah my car is stock as it can get nothing tuned up just looks changed and if i do change it itll probably be oem if its not as significantly costly as aftermarket

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
About 96,000 Kilometers.
That would equal 60,000 miles (minus a few, but you get the picture).
If using any aftermarket ECU/Piggyback performance flashing, then you should change them at least twice as frequently.
It is of benefit to you to check their condition from time to time; especially if you suspect ignition issues.
How do u visually inspect them? & nope nothing has been changed on my car everything stock minus led conversion of entire car headlights etc n interior led lighting.

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
I will do them earlier, like 20k miles. I do not like the idea of anything (especially threaded things) sitting in my engine for 60k miles. I definitely want to get some anti-seize compound on those threads ASAP.
So at my current clicks i should do them u think?