GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for more turbo sounds

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
you want to hear the breath in sound or the DV letting off? if the DV just get a spacer and be done with it.... i had a forge BOV that's louder and better sounding that a spacer to me, but i had to remove it ones i got custom tuned as the tuner messing with the DV settings and it was not functioning well. it was perfectly fine with he JB4 though.

you can also see the boost levels for each time i let off in the vid (top right gauge on phone) for a reference, also that vid is with the same intake you have right now.

That sounds great. But I’m looking for wooshing. Not pshhhh

thanks though

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
not true.

when sitting still sure... but once you start moving and the intake is a vacuum the delta is very minor.. 1-2 degrees at best.
I've run my car with a modded stock box, IE V1 open element, injen evolution, and now injen system open element, i consistently monitor my IATS on the dash and on logs and runs.
A good IC will cover up the hotter air intake but the turbo has to work harder to meet PUT setpoint, compare WG act. % between open and cold intake under same conditions.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
I may get blasted for this, but I really think the turbo muffler delete made the biggest improvement on turbo sound for me. The intercooler actually helped as well.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Open intake
turbo inlet pipe helps marginally but is actually the main way to actually gain some power
turbo muffler delete helps marginally
remove hood liner
remove rubber cowl strip
turn off or remove soundaktor
intercooler/charge pipes (metal vs plastic that muffles sound)

get a tune that makes you make more boost and hence a LOT more turbo noise

Thoarax

Passed Driver's Ed
I just bought the IE v2 open and I love the sound, should have been my first mod. To be honest it is much louder than i thought it was going to be.

Can’t speak for temp issues as I really don't give a shit one way or the other.

It was purchased only for the noise.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
You want more turbo noise? Save for a bigger turbo.

This route you're about to go down... intake, muffler delete, GFB Diverter+, BOV.... all a huge waste of money. Soon enough you'll be down a grand and the only modification you have that's going to make a difference is the air intake you purchased, which will be relevant around 400HP.

I am very interested in the Injen Evolution intake you purchased though, does anyone happen to have IATs before and after on this thing?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That sounds great. But I’m looking for wooshing. Not pshhhh

thanks though

You'll get whoosh with a spacer. Not quite as loud as an aftermarket DV would give you but the OEM DV is regarded as the best. So if you want some whoosh getthe sspacer and use the stock DV.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I have the Cobb closed Intake system, a turbo muffler delete, and atmospheric spacer. I hear turbo spool right after I hit positive boost, and of course I hear the venting with the spacer. Sounds great. The blow off sounds are more aggressive with higher boost shift/throttle lifting.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP