GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discount Tire gives $1 million to campaign against marijuana legalization

Will Discount Tires Recent Donation Change Where You Shop?

• Screw the hippies! I will continue shopping at Discount Tire

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Meh, I don't care as long as I get my tires

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • GIMME DAT WEED. I will no longer support this business

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Doesn’t personally affect me, but I will not support them

Votes: 23 37.1%

• Total voters

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Of course you can, that's the beauty of owning your own business. Doesn't mean that bringing religion into your business isn't a stupid decision.

Sure is working for Chick-fil-A. I'm sure all the people who work there are happy getting Sundays off whether it has anything to do with their religious beliefs. But I admire the Cathy family for leaving hundreds of million of dollars on the table by sticking to their religious beliefs.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I don't know how anybody can even bother to go to CFA ever. The very few times I think about going there the line is always insane, so I don't even consider it an option anymore. The food isn't good enough to deal with a 20 minute wait. The hype for that place makes no sense to me.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I don't know how anybody can even bother to go to CFA ever. The very few times I think about going there the line is always insane, so I don't even consider it an option anymore. The food isn't good enough to deal with a 20 minute wait. The hype for that place makes no sense to me.
heard that, I've tried it a few times and thought the food was pretty bad. Them being religious nutjobs makes it easy to stay away.

torga

Autocross Champion
I grew up in DFW and showing up to 1st period in high school with a Chik-Fil-A breakfast sandwich was this weird status symbol. I've been twice in my life and their chicken just tastes off to me.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Just do curbside pickup. Much faster than drive through.

But I guess if you don't like it, then not worth even that.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
But I admire the Cathy family for leaving hundreds of million of dollars on the table by sticking to their religious beliefs.

Throwing away hundreds of millions of dollars because they can't differentiate between fantasy and reality is sad, not admirable.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Don't care about their religious beliefs, but I admire that they have kept a day where they're closed. I think all businesses should go back to closing 1 day a week. Sunday works best usually, but it's nice to have a day where families can get together without worrying about work.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
I don't shop based on an organization's politics. Heck, our family probably keeps the local Discount in business between all our vehicles + autocross tires.

I have boycotted Walmart, about 6-years ago. Not for politics, but because their stores are dirty, crowded, and they treat their customers like cattle.

Chick-fil-A
Meh - it's OK. I'll eat there if I'm already driving around town and see one, but won't make a special trip for it.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
If I go to chick Fila I go early so the line is about 2-3 cars. If it's wrapped around the building nope.

I went to Discount once and I'm wearing a Mercedes tech uniform. The tire sales kid starts blasting dealerships and talking about their unethical practices and how they screw everyone. Meanwhile this guy smelled like he had been rolling in dog shit and I was about 10ft away from him.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Throwing away hundreds of millions of dollars because they can't differentiate between fantasy and reality is sad, not admirable.

I see it as admirable. The fact that they are willing to forgo millions of dollars for their convictions is definitely admirable. Fantasy to you but not others.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
I see it as admirable. The fact that they are willing to forgo millions of dollars for their convictions is definitely admirable. Fantasy to you but not others.

Merriam-Webster defines fantasy as: "the power or process of creating especially unrealistic or improbable mental images in response to psychological need." That pretty much sums up the god theory to a "T", so it's not fantasy just to me, it's fantasy by definition. Just because "others" have been misled and indoctrinated by charlatans does not morph fantasy into reality. It may be their perception of "reality" because they've been swindled of their sensibilities but, again, that doesn't make it real.

Not to mention, if the Cathy family were muslim and instilled in their business the tenets of islam, they'd have been closed years ago. Here in 'murica, convictions are only admirable if they're chosen from the right list...

JC_451

Autocross Champion
They opened a CFA near me which had to have a police officer stationed in the parking lot to shoo people away from lining up on the highway.

The days before they stationed the cop there the line was going almost a mile down the shoulder of the highway. They had to go to service by appointment only and the lines were still insane, but it was 50 cars in a snake line in the parking lot instead

So, so, so many better or equally as good restaurants with zero wait but the sheep gonna sheep. Pretty sure a lot of people get on lines just to see what's at the end.

I couldn't care less about their religious stance since that's irrelevant to a person who won't do business with them simply because it's inconvenient.

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Merriam-Webster defines fantasy as: "the power or process of creating especially unrealistic or improbable mental images in response to psychological need." That pretty much sums up the god theory to a "T", so it's not fantasy just to me, it's fantasy by definition. Just because "others" have been misled and indoctrinated by charlatans does not morph fantasy into reality. It may be their perception of "reality" because they've been swindled of their sensibilities but, again, that doesn't make it real.

Not to mention, if the Cathy family were muslim and instilled in their business the tenets of islam, they'd have been closed years ago. Here in 'murica, convictions are only admirable if they're chosen from the right list...
Username checks out 😂

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion

I'm not going to debate that it's ridiculous. The Cathy family is entitled to their beliefs and it's not like they stuff religion down your throat when you go to one of their restaurants. And they're rich and you're not.