Attachments

• Screenshot_20200811-191416_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200811-191416_Facebook.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 158

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Are all you guys on 8V0906264M, or others as well? I can check in the software as well to see if it's currently supported or not.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Are all you guys on 8V0906264M, or others as well? I can check in the software as well to see if it's currently supported or not.

Don't remember if I posted or not (I've lost track) but:

Address 01: Engine (J623-CXBB) Labels:. 06K-907-425-V1.clb
Part No SW: 8V0 906 264 M HW: 06K 907 425 B
Component: 1.8l R4 TFSI H13 0401

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Should be no surprise but "M" is indeed not a supported ECU ID yet.

If you were closer we could do a ROM dump... Or find anyone with an ecutek setup

jc1

Car(s)
2017 Golf Sportwagen
We only got 2 runs last night because of several cars oiling down the track.

Best run was 13.551 Sec.

LC on
Boost 22 psi

"60' 2.136 s
E.T." "330' 5.710 s
E.T." "1/8 mile 8.726 s
MPH" "1/8 mile 82.49 mph
ET" "1000 11.328 s
ET" "1/4 mile 13.551 s
MPH" 101.72 mph

Still working on the Maestro 1.8 is20 tune that I'm adapting for the is38. There's still plenty of headroom to go yet. It's hitting the torque limits from 5000-6800 rpm. They will be increased so that the trap speed gets better and the ET goes down. We will try again next week.

The equations for HP when knowing the weight and ET indicate that the 1.8 is now making 275 HP, up from the stock 170 HP. That's a + 105 HP increase. Not too shabby for a street driven engine with 110 cu in of displacement!

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Flashed back to stock, and pulled out my ecu.

Ready for a bench read by a local ecutek master tuner (doesn't do VAG). If they can't get it done, let's get this sorted soon or else I'm going to end up going UM instead of flashing the maestro back.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
I'm waiting to hear back from EcuTek after my failed attempt at a ROM dump with their ProECU dongle locally. If your bench read doesn't work out, sending an ECU to COBB to have them read it might be our best chance at getting EcuTek sorted.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
@J Peterman and I had finally got some things together and were able to get a ROM to ECUtek at some point last week.

I heard back from them today and it sounds like @Ed @ EQT should have the Beta stuff available for the 4mo/sportwagen ecu's (M box code, after December of 2016 build date).

I ran in to some hurdles so I won't be able to get it done this year... I'll finish 2020 with a big turbo and a small fuel pump :cautious:

Hello Joseph,

I have just forwarded a Beta version of ProECU to EQT that should support your car. Please let them know you are still waiting and they should be able to organise the rest.
Regards
Lucan Hetherington
EcuTek Technologies Ltd

tigeo

Autocross Champion
@J Peterman and I had finally got some things together and were able to get a ROM to ECUtek at some point last week.

I heard back from them today and it sounds like @Ed @ EQT should have the Beta stuff available for the 4mo/sportwagen ecu's (M box code, after December of 2016 build date).

I ran in to some hurdles so I won't be able to get it done this year... I'll finish 2020 with a big turbo and a small fuel pump :cautious:
That's awesome news! I really think this could open some great options for our platform.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3

what did you have to do to finally get a successful ROM read? Just curious

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Joe went down a rabbit hole searching bench reading and OEM ROM files, and I read on a tuning forum somewhere about this FB site “chip tuning tools outlet” (in Lithuania) that had a bunch of OEM VW ROMs available. I messaged them, they sent me a file for our car (obtained with CMDFlash), Joe uploaded it via ROM dump...and here we are.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Joe went down a rabbit hole searching bench reading and OEM ROM files, and I read on a tuning forum somewhere about this FB site “chip tuning tools outlet” (in Lithuania) that had a bunch of OEM VW ROMs available. I messaged them, they sent me a file for our car (obtained with CMDFlash), Joe uploaded it via ROM dump...and here we are.
Science.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
I'll put this here too (even though there's like 6 of us actually running maestro.)

After going back and forth with @ZuMBLe about getting information in a better format than a giant thread on here... a wiki was born.

https://www.simoswiki.com/

We also have a slack (which is dead right now since it's brand new, but it's available)
https://join.slack.com/t/simoswiki/shared_invite/zt-hrl6unc1-gKnAiEn~mWPBl9xvxKQH9g

There's not a lot of info on the wiki yet, but we're going to try and get everything up there. Anybody who has something to share.... reach out to me via PM and I'll create an account for you. The ultimate idea would be that it's a go to place for map definitions, ecu strategies, etc. Eventually if we ever get more than just eurodyne support (i.e. hptuners is available, but nobody's talked about it yet), it can go up there as well.

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!
I'll put this here too (even though there's like 6 of us actually running maestro.)

After going back and forth with @ZuMBLe about getting information in a better format than a giant thread on here... a wiki was born.

https://www.simoswiki.com/

We also have a slack (which is dead right now since it's brand new, but it's available)
https://join.slack.com/t/simoswiki/shared_invite/zt-hrl6unc1-gKnAiEn~mWPBl9xvxKQH9g

There's not a lot of info on the wiki yet, but we're going to try and get everything up there. Anybody who has something to share.... reach out to me via PM and I'll create an account for you. The ultimate idea would be that it's a go to place for map definitions, ecu strategies, etc. Eventually if we ever get more than just eurodyne support (i.e. hptuners is available, but nobody's talked about it yet), it can go up there as well.
I also run maestro with IS38