GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Phur

Autocross Champion
It's pretty great that they use stainless now. Back when I was a young gun they sued mild steel & then aluminized steel. That stuff would rust out in a couple of years. I believe the EPA caused us to now have stainless. Some such thing about it being part of the emissions system. Maybe because of the catatonic converter.

My wife had a ‘92 Corolla. The exhaust would rot out, we would get it fixed, six months later it was already rotted again. We fixed it 3 times before we decided to just say 🤷‍♂️

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Had the APR no lift shift and launch control feature added. NLS is awesome, but really hard to convince your brain to keep your right foot planted.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Third impression on the trailing arm bushings....

I have to retrain my hands. Mid corner I’m used to the car doing certain things and my hands have always just compensated without any thought, something that happens when you drive the same car for over ten years. Now those hand movements directly change the trajectory of the car instead of stabilizing it.

No appreciable increase in NVH either. I can feel the texture of the road a bit better so over certain roads he car can feel a bit “buzzy”, but it’s not bad.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Third impression on the trailing arm bushings....

I have to retrain my hands. Mid corner I’m used to the car doing certain things and my hands have always just compensated without any thought, something that happens when you drive the same car for over ten years. Now those hand movements directly change the trajectory of the car instead of stabilizing it.

No appreciable increase in NVH either. I can feel the texture of the road a bit better so over certain roads he car can feel a bit “buzzy”, but it’s not bad.
I'd agree with what you said...might as well go all the way now and replace all of the rear bushings. Talk about go kart handling....

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
As parts wear over time it's hard to notice it. When you replace those parts, bam it's fixed like that & holy crap, so much better.

Reminds me of when I rebuilt the engine in the race car. First race I kept missing the braking & trying to throw it off track So much faster, but my brain wasn't computing that. :LOL:

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Got the used ecu reprogrammed for my car. Ended up having the dealership reprogram it for $300. Car is back to normal, no more fans on full blast and the check engine light is gone.

Have been driving it stock for the last few days . Flashing back to IE Stage 2 this weekend. Integrated Engineering Flashing tool detected the ecu and still have my files I originally paid for, seems that the license is linked to the emobilizer.

I had to unfortunately spend an additional $300 on a new vcds cable , got the 10vin one. My old unlimited vin cable is failing . Keeps giving me communication errors and Is unauthorized.
Bought it used from another member on here 6 years ago. He got it directly from Ross tech , but since I'm not the original owner of it . I don't think they can do much.

New cable is alot quicker when doing the auto scans. Glad the cable came on time, didn't want to flash stage 2 without the cable in hand. I like to clear all the fault codes right after the flash lol.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
What kind if faults do you get after flashing? @ACHILLES R32

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
What kind if faults do you get after flashing? @ACHILLES R32
one is tcm communication intermittent error, all soft codes. I can't remember the other ones right now to be honest . For peace of mind I just like to clear them.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Took it for a spin to the car wash since someone's campfire (or maybe ash from the west coast fires?) dusted my car with what i presume is ash. I drove it the other day to work thinking it would dust off but not so much. Had a red light chat with a mk7 GSW kid who liked my wheels, that was nice.

just remembered i have a boost tap to install to complete the install of my analog boost gauge. Need to find time to wrap that up, i started this in the late fall last year!

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Some what vag related decided to protect my new vcds cable with this sweet case. I have a feeling that the short 1ft fall the other one had , is what caused it the work 50% of the time now🙁

Attachments

• PXL_20200923_163409448.jpg
    PXL_20200923_163409448.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 73

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Tried to flash the replacement ecu to stage 2 with Integrated Engineering tune , mid flash system says erasing and it gets stuck at 5% fans on full blast. Software says it will recover the ECU and now it's frozen at detecting engine 😮. I'm afraid to turn on the car . The P indicator is flashing with the wrench. God I hope this ecu doesn't get bricked.

Has anyone come across this issue?

F*ck it's bricked was stuck here at attempting detect for 30 plus minutes .

i guess it's time to contact IE for support . I'll be pulling the ecu this weekend

Attachments

• 16008961998715350142910769182441.jpg
    16008961998715350142910769182441.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 66
Last edited: