GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified base map logs. Any red flags?

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R

I do, hard to see in this shot but yeah.

wg-extension.jpg

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Quick update. Dan @ DBV2 said from a voltage standpoint things are solid although I can optimize by slightly tightening it up to drop my lower stop down to 3.55v. He said its a tad loose. He had me pull different values (above I had posted the value from the DAP video, specifically "Charge air pressure control valve uncontrolled voltage sensor") while Dan wanted the following:

Charge pressure actuator, adaptation for lower stop (Mine is @ 3.676v -> Ideally should be at 3.55v)
Charge pressure actuator, adaptation for upper stop (Mine is @ 0.870v)
Charge pressure actuator, acknowledgment (Mine is @ 3.626v)

OBD11 Screen attached.

Attachments

• obd11_wg.jpg
    obd11_wg.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 77

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Another follow-up. Dan wants me to get that lower stop point down before my trip then provide EQT another log. Going to tackle it tonight from the top and walk me through adaptation over the phone tomorrow. He said both ODB11 and Cobb can do it but he prefers to try via OBD11 first while using Cobb as a backup.

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Nick had me run 2nd through 4th. I was able to get a partial WOT into 5th before running out of straight highway. Car feels like a machine, very precise and smooth.

My last two logs have been with my Inno (empty) box on top. Its pretty aerodynamic, by cargo box standards, but I'm sure it's imposing a fair bit of drag. I let Nick know in case it may throw off his efforts but didn't have me pull it. Its a PITA to mount/dismount solo without banging it up.

https://datazap.me/u/stayingtuned/2nd-4th-w-partial-5th?log=0&data=1-2-8-14-26-27-28-29
Interesting...I spin in 3rd as soon as I hit like 4000 ish RPM when boost hits so I have to do 4th gear logs haha. You must be in an R

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Interesting...I spin in 3rd as soon as I hit like 4000 ish RPM when boost hits so I have to do 4th gear logs haha. You must be in an R

Affirmative!

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
I may be misreading. BUt your tuned by both Strat and EQT and comparing the two styles?

Yes, although that wasn't the intended plan. At this point I don't see myself applying any of the previous Stratified iterations going forward.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Voltage adjusted and adapted from 3.6 to 3.56. PITA but glad its squared. These have been in manual mode as Nick is calling for 2k to 6k specifically but I noticed that when in auto > sport (or drive), I don't these momentary dips mid-shift.

One thing that is really apparent post voltage adaptation is my engine doesn't buck around on WOT throttle let-off. I was on the verge of pulling the trigger on motor mounts. Now it feels like a very fast wind-down over the course of 1 second. Before it was let-off > immediate romp forward of the engine. Precision guesstimate being that with the WG being loose, release was more instant and abrupt then ideal.

Also, the soft P2635 error that wasn't bubbling up to my dash as a CEL but showing on P3 bootup and OBD11/Cobb is now gone.

Logs: https://datazap.me/u/stayingtuned/2nd-4th-w-partial-5th-0?log=0&data=8-14

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Voltage adjusted and adapted from 3.6 to 3.56. PITA but glad its squared. These have been in manual mode as Nick is calling for 2k to 6k specifically but I noticed that when in auto > sport (or drive), I don't these momentary dips mid-shift.

One thing that is really apparent post voltage adaptation is my engine doesn't buck around on WOT throttle let-off. I was on the verge of pulling the trigger on motor mounts. Now it feels like a very fast wind-down over the course of 1 second. Before it was let-off > immediate romp forward of the engine. Precision guesstimate being that with the WG being loose, release was more instant and abrupt then ideal.

Also, the soft P2635 error that wasn't bubbling up to my dash as a CEL but showing on P3 bootup and OBD11/Cobb is now gone.

Logs: https://datazap.me/u/stayingtuned/2nd-4th-w-partial-5th-0?log=0&data=8-14
Interesting that your P2635 code is gone. Are you sure you've driven enough to verify that one? Mine pops up with that code after 50+ miles of driving so after flashing a new tune iteration it obviously is cleared and may not be on currently because you haven't driven enough?

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Interesting that your P2635 code is gone. Are you sure you've driven enough to verify that one? Mine pops up with that code after 50+ miles of driving so after flashing a new tune iteration it obviously is cleared and may not be on currently because you haven't driven enough?

Not sure. My experience has been this:

1. Flash
2. Code is gone on next startup and during logging.
3. Code is back 100% of the time (both EQT & Strat) on next startup, no mileage correlation. Nick at EQT allowed it to bubble up to dash as a CEL for the first iteration, then suppressed it (though still visible in P3 as mentioned) while Alex at Strat suppressed it from the start

Now it is just plain gone. I've got another iteration that I just applied, about to do some pulls. I'll monitor it though and update if it pops back up for sure. I wasn't surprised though, it has been reported multiple times that post target range met and successful adaptation, the code goes away.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Not sure. My experience has been this:

1. Flash
2. Code is gone on next startup and during logging.
3. Code is back 100% of the time (both EQT & Strat) on next startup, no mileage correlation. Nick at EQT allowed it to bubble up to dash as a CEL for the first iteration, then suppressed it (though still visible in P3 as mentioned) while Alex at Strat suppressed it from the start

Now it is just plain gone. I've got another iteration that I just applied, about to do some pulls. I'll monitor it though and update if it pops back up for sure. I wasn't surprised though, it has been reported multiple times that post target range met and successful adaptation, the code goes away.
What do you mean by " it has been reported multiple times that post target range met and successful adaptation, the code goes away." ? I am not sure what you're talking about here could you expand?