GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified base map logs. Any red flags?

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
What do you mean by " it has been reported multiple times that post target range met and successful adaptation, the code goes away." ? I am not sure what you're talking about here could you expand?

If you search for 2635 and wastage adaptation you'll find that in many cases, its the 2635 that prompts people to an out of range issue being present in the first place. Once dialed in, the code doesn't persist once cleared.

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
If you search for 2635 and wastage adaptation you'll find that in many cases, its the 2635 that prompts people to an out of range issue being present in the first place. Once dialed in, the code doesn't persist once cleared.
Very interesting!! Thank you for expanding - I did not know that. What's weird is my wastegate voltage was at 3.5V but didn't hold boost that well up top (peak 29 PSI and drop to 27 when it shouldn't). I adjusted the wastegate in my garage, and i loosened it so much the rod came out of the threads. when rethreading, I noticed now that tightening it beyond 3.9 V was extremely difficult. That's where i am now and it holds the boost well and "Passed" adaptation per the Cobb AP. Not sure if i should try again to get to like 3.6/3.7V. I think the voltage is a little speculative because if you loosen it enough like me and readjust, it can be really tight with a higher voltage than before if that makes any sense.

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Do you have any links to the forums that talk about this? I've been googling around and can't find anything about p2635 and wastage adaptation. Just p2635 and potentially needing a fuel controller.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Don't adjust it if it isn't having any issues. Mine runs at 3.8V and is happy.

@joshgreensauce THIS.

Zero chance I would have touched it over the code alone, no tuner I've worked with expressed any concern over it and in all cases it was demoted to a soft code. Not having it was more of an FYI. I changed mine because Daniel from DBV2 specifically said it should be at 3.55v for this unit so yeah man, I'd let it ride if everything is great otherwise.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Latest logs on EQT v1.04 2nd through 5th (partial 6th) and a 3rd gear pull. Car feels the strongest it has felt yet.

https://datazap.me/u/stayingtuned/2...l-eqt-v104?log=0&data=1-2-8-14-22-26-27-28-29
you are on a TCU tune also right? they haven't asked you to spin past 6k? my car is still pulling like crazy at 6800.

I'm manual so its crazy to see the logs pulling through all the gears, lol. when i do 3rd gear logs by the time i let off its right there at triple digits.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
you are on a TCU tune also right? they haven't asked you to spin past 6k? my car is still pulling like crazy at 6800.

I'm manual so its crazy to see the logs pulling through all the gears, lol. when i do 3rd gear logs by the time i let off its right there at triple digits.

DSG > EQT > Sport at WOT will go to about 7k fairly regularly and it still doesn't feel like its running out of steam. Kind of bonkers. Yeah, up until this point Nick hasn't asked to see anything beyond 6k.